A Game of Thrones Comic Book Series

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Roland 85, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Roland 85

Roland 85 Registered User

First of all, a thousand apologies if this is not the right subforum. One gets confused. Anyway, I did a search and I couldn't seem to find a topic anywhere in the George Martin section, so I decided to post one myself.

[​IMG]

From my blog:

Has anybody else checked it out. I honestly expected much more than this, although in retrospect I probably shouldn't have.

2. Evil Agent

Evil Agent Saturn Comes Back Around

I'm not a huge comic book person, so I thought it looked pretty cool. But I don't think I'm going to buy it (like you said, I've already read the novel multiple times). The art looks pretty cool to me, but you're correct that it looks a bit too bright and colourful for this gritty series. Maybe they really are toning it down to a more PG-13 approach? I guess we'll have to wait for later volumes, to see if the sex and violence is indeed toned down.

I might pick up the omnibus collection one day, but for now it's more of a curiosity that I'll flip through when I'm at the comic store.

3. saintjon

saintjon Illustrious Gambler

Is it about the same as the Liquid colour on the Hedge Knight or is it even brighter?

4. Evil Agent

Evil Agent Saturn Comes Back Around

Looked about the same to me. I thought it was kind of cool, but I guess it could be better (depending on personal style preferences, I guess).