ADwD expectations were too high? (first 300 pages)

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Pajak, Jul 17, 2011.

1. oasis seeker

oasis seeker Registered User

I enjoyed the latest book very much. It wasn't perfect, of course, but I look at it like this:

I regard the third book as the best (so far) because it was very climactic. The first two led up to it, making it a mini climax--kind of like an ending of the First Act (in 3 Act story.)

So I regard the books afterward as leading up to another climactic book. Whether it'll be the sixth book that's a mini-climax like the third, or it'll be the seventh and final one that's a slam-bang climactic finale - still remains to be seen.

2. TooNice

TooNice Banned

Yeah, these last two books have pretty much just been all the characters regrouping from the events of ASOS. It's a game of thrones, and the pieces have been slowly realigning in these last two books. Now it's time to play again, for real, one last time. That's not to say the last two books have been devoid of anything exciting, or that they're not good books (they are) but that's what it has felt like to me all the same. Did they have to be written? Actually, maybe not. But I definitely have enjoyed them a great deal regardless.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011