Blade of Tyshalle

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Aldr, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Aldr

Aldr New Member

Will this be re-issued? It's ridiculously expensive and very hard to find right now.

2. SpazmasticoX

SpazmasticoX New Member

I've been wondering this as well; I'm on my 2nd copy of the book, and it's just about read to tatters. I'm having a difficult time finding a replacement and I'd prefer to get it new.

3. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

My guess is that when Caine Black Knife publishes later in the year, Del Rey will reissue both this and Heroes Die.

4. Bliss

Bliss New Member

Wow, I had no idea Blade had become so expensive! I just bought a few copies of Heroes Die for about $10 each (Australian$$) but the last copy of Blade I bought was years ago, for a regular price. I just had a quick look and even the 'cheap' places online are selling regular mass market editions for US$30+.

Yeah, I hope they'll be re-issuing the lot (with a new cover for HD).

5. Smaug18

Smaug18 New Member

Any news?

So, Caine Black Knife will be released very soon. Any news on a re-issue of Blade of Tyshalle?

I would really like to read it but currently it is stupidly expensive...

6. MWStover

MWStover Registered User

BLADE OF TYSHALLE will be re-issued as an e-book. The on-sale date, however, is still uncertain.

The mill of Del Rey grinds slowly . . .

7. Smaug18

Smaug18 New Member

Thank you for the information. This is better than nothing I guess, although personally I do not like ebooks.

In related news I just got lucky and ordered a used copy from abebooks.com for US$ 1 plus US$ 6,90 for shipping to Germany. Yay!

When I checked there last time the cheapest copy was around US$ 30. There was also another seller listing a copy for US$ 1,78. So, if anyone else is looking for a copy this might be a good deal.

8. Izeil110

Izeil110 New Member

I am not a fan of ebooks, is it possible to read Black Knife without reading Blades of Tyshalle first? I still plan on getting Blades of Tyshall but it will probably take a bit to track it down.

9. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

I suppose you could read Caine Black Knife without reading Blade of Tyshalle, but you'd really be missing out on quite a bit.

10. kcf

kcf Nobody in Particular

Stover's blog just updated that Del Rey will release Blade of Tyshalle in e-book form on December 9th.

11. Kabada

Kabada *** Emperor of Mumbojumbo

AAArgh. I've just finished Heroes Die and now I have to find out I cant get a copy of Tyshalle for less than 30$ -.-
    Ebooks don't count. I want to hold dead tree in my hands when I read.

12. MWStover

MWStover Registered User

Just so you know:

E-books count for me.

That is, I get royalties on the e-book (that is, I get credits in the BoT royalty account -- some tens of thousands of copies need still be sold before I get an actual check). Those thirty-buck-plus used copies pay me nothing at all.

Just so you know.

13. al'Kael

al'Kael A Dribble of Ink

Hmm, I guess I should count myself lucky that I found a copy for five buck. Now if only I could snag a copy of Heroes Die for the same price!

14. MWStover

MWStover Registered User

Heroes Die is also available as an e-book -- for about seven bucks, if my memory serves. It's also still in print (theoretically) as a mass-market paperback, for about eight bucks.

15. noaxark

noaxark New Member

So I finally gave up on finding a printed copy of Blade, but now I'm even having trouble buying the e-book. Del Rey doesn't seem to have it, eReader refuses to sell it to us lowly Swedes and Amazon seems to offer it in a very proprietary format (either for their Kindle device, or the iPhone app "Kindle for iPhone" -- which doesn't seem to exist).

Can someone with some e-book experience tell me just how I can go about buying this goddamn thing in a format that doesn't kill my eyes and preferably is readable on an iPhone? DRM, proprietary formats and devices, country restrictions... geez, it's like they don't even WANT my money >.>

Edit: Just found out that "Kindle for iPhone" is simply not available in Sweden, which I suppose rules out Amazon entirely. I think there's an impression our money smells of moose or something :mad:

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  16. Trin

Trin Anotter one

noaxark, you have some sedond hand copies on abebooks, and they send books to sweden I think, but they are pretty expensive :/ I got real lucky because I got one in fine condition and for a reasonable price. If you check it from time to time, you might get lucky. :)
    About e-books, I found Blade of Tyshalle e-book on Random House homepage, just typed 'blade of tyshalle' into the search box. I don't know if there are any country restrictions though.
    Hope this helps :)