Books in Series

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Eventine, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Eventine

Eventine Uh, Staff Member

G'Day all,
    I'm starting this topic as a way of storing books in particular series. We often talk about series here, like the Thomas Covenant books, or Lord of the Rings, or what have you. Sometimes I have no idea which book is the first, which is the lastet, etc...
    Right now I'm interested in what books are in Robin Hobb's Farseers(?) and Liveship Traders(?) series.
    So basically, if someone could answer that question, and if anyone could post information they think others will find helpful, then go for it. I'm sure there's some Jordan fan out there who can let all us non-Jordanese know which was first just in case we decide to read it someday.

Here's an example:

The First Chronicles of Thomas Covenant:
    1. Lord Fouls Bane
    2. The Illearth War
    3. The Power That Preserves
      [/list=a]

[This message has been edited by Eventine (edited October 31, 2000).]

2. FitzChivalry

FitzChivalry A servant of Lord Arioch

You might want to check this site: http://www.sff.net/people/Amy.Sheldon/listcont.htm

It has a long list of authors, their series or books, and very short reviews.
    It's pretty useful to finding what books are in which series, and what other series were written by the author, or what sequels a series has.

3. Eventine

Eventine Uh, Staff Member

Whoa - that's a pretty comprehensive list. It has given me a few ideas on what to read next.
    Also - anyone who complains about Wheel of Time being to big a series should have a look at what some other authors have churned out - there are major lifetime efforts in there!