Caine Black Knife news

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Anks, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Anks

Anks Registered User

Just in case anyone here's not already heard this news...

2. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Excellent news, I've just finished reading Blade of Tyshalle again and a new Caine tale on the horizon is music to the ears. Hopefully the structural difficulties can be sorted out as quickly as possible without sacrificing Matt's vision for the book and we'll be back on Overworld before next christmas (crossing of fingers)

3. RAD

RAD Registered User

Yeeeeeee-ha!!!!!

4. Shehzad

Shehzad High Priest of Cainism

Inching towards daylight...

5. clucky1

clucky1 Guest

At long last!

6. FatSam

FatSam New Member

Wonderful news. Matt sent me an e-mail today, mentioned something about Caine in something called 'CBK' -- so I googled up stover and caine hoping to find news of a new book, and instead found his Wikipedia entry. Which led me to his blog. Which led me here ...

I've read Heroes Die maybe ten times. I've read Blade of Tyshalle 4 or 5. This puts Heroes Die in a category with less than 10 other books in my entire life -- "Lonesome Dove," by Larry McMurtry. "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress," Heinlein. "The Perfect Thief," by Ronald J. Bass and "Confess, Fletch" by Gregory MacDonald and "The Green Ripper" by John D. And Terry Pratchett's Sam Vimes novels ...

About damn time there was something new.

7. fk1523

fk1523 Registered User

Spoiler Alert!!

caine black knife?! thats....thats insane! wasn't black knife the clan of the ogre that carried caine around in the dungeon in the second book? and also the clan of the ogre he killed preceding heroes die? Did caine do the dirty with an ogre, and this is about his bastard son? Isn't caine now like invincible anyways? Wait a second... is this a prequel? I'm so confused...with so many questions...Anyone got any spoilers? Maybe a synopsis?

8. kron

kron Registered User

In Blade of Tyshalle, Caine made a deal with the ogre and became a black knife as part of it to redeem the destruction of the clan (and shame inflicted with it) with his fame.

9. Mizurax

Mizurax Registered User

9 months since the draft of CAINE BLACK KNIFE was dilivered! Why is it not out yet?
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. MWStover

MWStover Registered User

Direct all inquiries to Chris Schleup c/o Ballantine Books. He's my editor.

Last I heard, we're looking at summer '08.

11. Mithfânion

Mithfânion Lord of the Wild Hunt

12. Shifty

Shifty New Member

Out of Print Blues

Hey Sam, thanks for the post. I'm always interested to see other's "must read" lists. Most of these were familiar to me, save The Perfect Thief. I'm interested in reading it, but wow..this book is pretty difficult to find. Shooting in the dark here, but you wouldn't know any place I could go to purchase this book?

13. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

Guess what arrived in my mailbox on Friday:
    [​IMG]

14. Spears&Buckler

Spears&Buckler MJ Dusseault

Rob, I am horribly jealous of you and I'm looking forward to reading your review.

15. suciul

suciul Read interesting books

I finished this one and is the best fantasy novel of 2008 till now for me.

The power of the first two Caine novels in a tight, well honed, no words wasted package.

Not for the squeamish since it's even more graphic than the first 2, it follows Caine's adventures in 2 threads, one in the past detailing his first famous adventure that made his name, second in the present picking up some pieces of that original 25 years ago adventure.

16. Anks

Anks Registered User

Oh, I can't wait to get my hands on it! Am pre-ordering it next week :)

17. CaineRox

CaineRox New Member

Caine Black Knife Available Now

Caine Black Knife is AMAZING! It won't be in stores until 10/14/08 but I got a copy (that I'm saving). You find out the truth of what really happened when Caine fought the Black Knives! I already have a copy but I saw it available here:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  18. CaineRox

CaineRox New Member

Sorry Rob B. I'm new and didn't know the rules about SFF not being a reseller of items. It's just that I really enjoyed Caine Black Knife and I thought for those who don't want to wait for a pre-order could just buy the book now for $4.99 on ebay. I also think advanced copies are collectible. I know I'm saving my copy. I guess I shouldn't have posted the live link. I still think the Barra & Co. books are his best but Act of Atonement is the best in the Caine series so far.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  19. Rob B

We'll not just that we aren't a reseller per say, but specifically for ARCs and such. We are very strict with our off-site linking policy, which you can find here and Point number 3 here.

For starters, ARCs technically are not supposed to be resold, although they often are. It says as much on the book, and furthermore, it can potentially cut into the sales of the final book and subsequently, the earnings of the author.

20. Rob B

I finished the book about a week and half ago. It officially kicks ass and is (so far) the best book I've read this year. Everything you'd want from a Caine novel, and then some. I'll go into more detail in my review, but my only complaint was that it ended and I have to wait for His Father's Fist.