Choose Your Own Adventure style novel about a ring.

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Pugio, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Pugio

Pugio Resident Gadfly

When I was little I remember reading a book that wasn't an official Choose Your Own Adventure kind of thing (IIRC), but was written in that style. It had a fantasy setting, and you were looking for a ring that belonged to an evil wizard. The actual nature of the ring was different depending on what ending you got. Sometimes it was a literal ring, sometimes it was a kind of wood called "ringwood" or something like that, and sometimes it was the ring around a planet. There was also a girl with auburn hair, they mention the "auburn" bit a lot. I thought the title was "The Ring of Meader" or "The Ring of Meever" or something like that, but Google is failing me. Does anybody remember the book?

2. WilliamElse

WilliamElse Registered User

That description rings a vague muffled bell somewhere in my hindbrain... My first thought was the Fighting Fantasy book 'The Rings of Kether', but that has a sci-fi setting, I think.

There is a good blog about gamebooks called 'Lloyd of Gamebooks'. If you contact Stuart Lloyd, who runs it, he may be able to help you. He's very approachable and knowledgeable.