Christmas

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Kenneth2, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Kenneth2

Kenneth2 Published Novelist

What are people going to read this holiday? I've been looking at books, but I haven't made a decision yet. B and N sure has a smaller selection than it used to.

2. Whiskeyjack

Whiskeyjack sapper-in-chief

It's a little early for me to be thinking about my Christmas read, but on vacation back in the US our next holiday is Thanksgiving (this Thursday). To celebrate I started a reread of The Briar King by Greg Keyes. The book is a pseudo-early American alternate history, fantasy-style, so it seemed to fit the holiday mood.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  3. sic's mom

sic's mom I want to be a princess

After reading Winter of the World I am sort of in an historical set of mind. I am reading the Asian Cycle by James Clavell right now. Of to a good beginning with Noble House. Of course I am reading them backwards:) These five books should take up enough time till Butcher and Hearne come out with there new ones and the end of the month. Will be time for a break to read those and then finish Clavells books.

4. Seak

Seak and I like to party.

Brom's new book Krampus is sure looking good for the season, a much darker St. Nick's tale.

5. algernoninc

algernoninc Now I'm an axolotl

I've been considering Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin and If on a Winter's Night a Traveler by Italo Calvino for a thematic end of year.

6. DurzoBlint

DurzoBlint http://tinyurl.com/363ogv

I will probably reward myself with a read of Red Country. More than likely I will get to it early. So maybe IQ84.

7. Randy M.

Randy M. Registered User

I have both of those, but I think I'm only likely to get to the Calvino. More likely still is The Ghost Writer by John Harwood.

Randy M.