Damn it, when will Martin finish TWoW?

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by nquixote, Mar 3, 2011.

1. nquixote

nquixote trolling > dissertation

Haha, just kiddin'.

Martin's off the hook for at least 2 years.

He's still my bitch though. :D:D:D

2. Evil Agent

Evil Agent Saturn Comes Back Around

LOL, you beat me to it! I was just about to start a similar thread.

I can't wait for The Winds of Winter!!!!!

3. courtney

courtney DreddeyeKnight

Do you think he might be able to get it done for this time next year??
    I certainly hope so! and I'll be pretty peeved if he doesn't, let me tell you.;)

4. chris777

chris777 Registered User

It will be done much faster that ADWD. UNLESS the show tanks...then expect another 10year wait.

5. sdelu

sdelu Registered User

hehe. Well, part of the reason ADWD took so long was the whole "Meereenese knot" shindig. Hopefully he managed to solve that enough in ADWD so that TWoW won't be so grueling for him to write.

6. End Of Disc One

End Of Disc One Registered User

There's no reason to think that TWoW will be faster, unless you're just trying to delude yourself into optimism. GRRM has clearly lost his momentum and that is not an easy thing to get back. Also remember that a good portion of ADwD was finished by the time AFfC came out.

7. Evil Agent

Let's not forget... AFFC took 5 years as well, and when it was finished he was confident that ADWD would be much faster (his estimate was about one year). Now GRRM says he hopes to get the next books done in about 3 years each, but I'm not holding my breath...

8. chris777

chris777 Registered User

Don't think that the TV series and him finishing the book now are coincidences. As I've said a million times, the TV series is what will get him to finish this book series. If it doesn't get canceled, the books will be finished before the series airs that season. 3years a piece sounds about right. If we are all here in 3-6years, I will say I told ya so! =)

9. Werthead

Werthead Registered User

I'm thinking 2015, and will be able to pick it up from my bookshop on my flying skateboard.

10. nquixote

nquixote trolling > dissertation

Yeah, ADWD is the last book in the series, we must get used to that fact. But let's enjoy it anyway!!

11. chris777

chris777 Registered User

Why has everyone lost so much faith in GRRM, it's not like he did anythi...oerrr never mind.

12. Evil Agent

Any predictions for how long this thread will go, before TWOW is released? I'm guessing 1,000 pages.

13. saintjon

saintjon Illustrious Gambler

No way. It will get locked and reborn so many times but no specific thread will make it to 1K.

14. krm0915

krm0915 Registered User

I'm treating any additional books that actually get released in this series as kind of a nice surprise. If it happens, great. If not, I won't be surprised. Slightly disappointed, perhaps, but not upset.

I wonder when he'll start receiving the hate-mail for TWoW, though. No matter how quickly he finishes it, it's going to happen. Some people get way too emotionally invested in this stuff.

15. Michigan

Michigan Registered User

hate to say it but I also am not holding out hope for any more books after this unless it is by another author finishing up for him. I know it has been discussed a million times and is usually frowned upon but his recent illnesses that have slowed him down have me concerned. I am in an industry that deals with this stuff alot and have seen it personally and I can only hope that he makes his personal health a higher priority and we are blessed with many more books by GRRM.

Having seed that, hopefully it was just the knot that was slowing him down and hopefully he is past that and is now on a roll.

16. chris777

chris777 Registered User

Seriously though? Nobody thinks it's more than coincidence that he finishes this series right after the TV show was announced. I doubt he even started the dang thing(despite what you've heard and he's said) until the TV show. Which gives me hope that as long as the show is popular, the books will get finished! I KNOW THESE THINGS.

17. Luya Sevrein

Luya Sevrein Humble Grifter

Maybe the internet will be a virtual paradise by then and we could all just hook into his brain and expirience TWOW? x)

Still, lulhard at this thread. xDD

But in all seriousness - a long, long time I'm guessing. I was so nifty coming into the series only a few years ago and finishing AFFC only last year. -thumbs up- I feel jammy. I won't last this wait!

18. Gary XI

Gary XI Registered User

I'm in a similar position, I read the whole series up to date recently only finishing AFFC last month, puts me in agood position with having it fresh in mind.
    I'm not too mithered about waiting however, I've done it before, its like.. um [cliche warning] meeting up with old friends

19. Eddy Gemmell

Eddy Gemmell Registered User

I have been putting off read AFFC until this one was announced. So, I will take it down from the shelf and dust it off now ...

20. Dyloot

Dyloot Registered User

Well, can I be the first to say "it's done when it's done"? :)

The next year are going to be very exciting, important times for Martin and his series. Martin's audience will grow substantially and, hopefully, that's going to inspire him to write.

At least, that's my guess and hope. :)