Do you write on your phone?

Discussion in 'Writing' started by kongming, Oct 10, 2012.

?

Do you use you write fiction on your phone?

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. InfinityKgt

InfinityKgt Newbie

On my phone? No its not big enough. On My Kindle Fire? Yes. Have a WiP wrote entirely on a Kindle Fire using Quick Office Pro, its about 40 percent done. I never timed it but i would be willing to bet my word count per minute is about the same or better as a traditional keyboard, and its way more portable and pleasing to use then a laptop or netbook. It does have its limitations, mainly with editing (cut copy paste etc), so i would say it is limited to doing the first draft but all and all it has helped my writing process by making it more accessible.

2. kongming

kongming www.voxnewman.com

I contemplated all the things you did and thought of all those different devices as well. The cursive seems to work even better than the printing.

3. kongming

kongming www.voxnewman.com

cut, copy and paste are fine on the note: in fact the paste might be better because you can choose from around ten copied things. The only limitations so far are the lack of spell check and ability to format the document. But then again, I planned on printing the manuscript to edit anyway.