Evolution -- Science Fact or Science Fiction?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Modern Day Myth, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modern Day Myth

Modern Day Myth Registered User

I'd have more questions for Dr. Edward U. Condon on the Condon Report, as Major Keyhoe reported very sloppy work by Condon in the validity of how Project Blue Book was conducted.

2. Riothamus

Riothamus Registered User

I can name more critics and supporters in the scientific community. This is an indictment of the education system that I speak to. I have hardly seen such a willingness to ignore an overwhelming amount against such things before. Furthermore one of the journals cited exists for the purpose of promoting Velikovsky's work. Also, your citing an ENTIRE WIKI devoted to promoting his ideas, one filled with weak arguments at that.I tried searching this wiki and could only find three supporters including Velikovsky himself. Need I remind you that the catastrophist view of evoultion has been broken into tiny pieces by later scientific discoveries and theorems?

3. N. E. White

N. E. White tmso Staff Member

Hi folks!

Fascinating subject, however, this thread will be moved to the General Discussion forum as this is a discussion about science (or pseudo-science) and not works of science fiction or directly related to science fiction.

Thank you for remaining civil with each other! :)

4. Seli

Seli Registered User

Could you give some examples? Because going by http://www.velikovsky.info/Worlds_in_Collision the predictions, explanations, and models don't seem to describe our universe at all.
    And one place where he seems to have been right (the temperature of Venus) it seems like a lucky guess. Equivalent to predicting a red Ferrari will be fast because it is red, a model that works in other universes (for some species) but not here.

5. matle

matle New Member

this post literally fills me with despair for humanity...

I don't think creationists have turned to the super intelligent lizard argument yet but you might want to check out Dr Who...

6. mylinar

mylinar Registered User

Here is where your postulate falls flat. Where did the extraterrestrials come from? Were they created or evolved? No matter how far back you want to go at some point there was a beginning, a first, an original. How did that arise?

I worry about the future of humanity when more people are familiar with Tarot card readings and the influence of the Moon on thier horoscope than have even a vague understanding of the laws of Thermodynamics.

7. Riothamus

Riothamus Registered User

First of all good point. The idea would seem to assume a constant rate of intervention by alien races among all sapient species, meaning that you would need an infinite number of alien species to continue the cycle which is insane at best. These alien races would need to have come from somewhere. It does seem odd to me how few people understand thermodynamics.

Second of all, do not mock the grand arts mylinar. The fact that you dismiss such things with a wave of a hand proves to me you have not studied. I'll have you know my father is a psychological counselor, an astrologer, and a tarot reader. A man who routinely tells people it's their own damn fault for screwing up their lives. One's stars can only influence one's life so much.

Also, evidence seems to suggest that dinosaurs are more related to modern avians rather than reptiles.

8. Chuffalump

Chuffalump A chuffing heffalump

Can anyone prove that intelligence would actually BE a survival advantage for dinosaurs? Insects are an incredibly successful life form but none of them have ever invented the hand axe or crop rotation. Intelligence is only one survival strategy, not even necessarily the best.

9. kged

kged Gloriam Imperator

This thread is horrifying.

10. Chuffalump

Chuffalump A chuffing heffalump

Only if you take it to heart. :D:D:D

11. DailyRich

DailyRich Damn fool idealist

Thing is, they DID evolve over those 165 million years. Look at a dinosaur from the beginning of the Triassic and from the end of the Cretaceous and tell me they didn't evolve.

12. N. E. White

Those are good points. I hadn't thought of it that way. Of course dinosaurs didn't develop an intelligence like ours, but they developed the skills and physical resources to dominate this planet for a lot longer than we have been around.

13. Modern Day Myth

Why am I not getting email notifications about this thread?

The fact that Dr. Jastrow finds fault with Carl Sagan's hypotheses means they are not theoriesyet.

Dr. Jastrow is an esteemed scientist.

Gordon Michael Scallion believes the settlers came from two previous star systems. Alpha Centauri is the more recent before landing on Mars before coming to Earth

Why the move to Earth?

The expanding Universe theory where celestial bodies are slowly drifting apart.

We now know there is an Earth like planet in that star system.

What did they look like?

They are the Cro-Magno Man.

They have a higher brain to body mass ratio than modern hunans.

They vanished together with the Neanderthal Man.

Why?

They mated together to create us.

That is why modern humans appeared as the two other humanoid species vanished together.

There are carving on cave walls of humans in space suits and ancient sculptures of spaceships not too different than space shuttles.

If we go by Evolutionists theory that the Cro-Magno Man destroyed the Neanderthal Man, who destroyed the Cro-Magno Man. They vanished together.

My hypothesis of them mating together to form modern humans makes more sense.

14. Modern Day Myth

Major Donald Keyhoe was a member of Project Blue Book. Google reveals others complaining about the sloppy work of The Condon Report and that Project Blue Book was vastly underfunded for something the government and military was expected to take seriously.

15. kged

kged Gloriam Imperator

No we don't. There is very theoretical speculation that there might be, and nothing more.

There is no evidence at all to support this.

Or this.

No there aren't.

It makes no sense whatsoever. It is based on no evidence whatsoever. It is puerile rubbish. Seriously, get a grip of yourself. If you are trolling then I salute you for a job well done, but if you are serious then you should be deeply ashamed of yourself for displaying such asinine beliefs on a public forum. Isn't there an Atlantis website somewhere you could take this utter drivel?

I expect this post will get modzapped, but I don't care. There is no virtue in tolerating pernicious stupidity.

And it's "Cro-Magnon", by the way.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  16. N. E. White

Well, I think we'll close down this thread, and kged and I will have a private conversation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.