Funzone link?

Discussion in 'sffworld.com comments, feedback...' started by Expendable, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Expendable

Expendable infomaniac

Funzone's still around, but maybe I'm missing where it's linked here now? It used to be part of the discussion forum.

I know not many use it, is it going away?
    -ex

2. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Dag felt with the almost complete lack of traffic going there that the space could be put to better use and wanted to get a site update feature in somewhere, hence the change. The final decision on whether the Funzone stays or goes is yet to be made, but if people are trying to get to it we could with a temporary link somewhere. I'll ask Dag :)

3. Expendable

Expendable infomaniac

There are threads I'd want to rescue if it goes.

4. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

We'll give plenty of advance warning either way, promise.

5. daigoro

daigoro I'm the law... Staff Member

My thought is that it has to go I'm afraid, I removed most of the links quite a while ago and also closed it down for posting some months ago and I don't even think anybody noticed much. Having two forums to maintain haven't been a good solution, not with the software updates that is constantly needed to prevent the spammers and hackers and the activity has been close to zero for a long long time. That's the main reasons why I think it has to go in the not so distant future. Maybe even in the next month or so.

6. Dawnstorm

Dawnstorm Master Obfuscator

Heh, I would have missed the demise of the funzone. Time to errect a tumbleweed farm there? In any case, I've now saved two threads (master and servant) to my harddrive - so a certain story fragment isn't lost. :)

All in all, I don't think the funzone worked as well as it could have. I wasn't fond of the idea; it felt a bit like clown prison.