Game of Thrones Emmy nominations

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by JimF, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ShandaLear

ShandaLear Writer, Artist, Beeyotch

Did anyone else find it a bit disappointing that NOBODY mentioned Martin?

2. Evil Agent

Evil Agent Saturn Comes Back Around

Yeah. I'm pretty sure Peter forgot, in his surprise at winning.

3. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

He did deserve it. If there was a reason to watch Game of Thrones, Peter was it.

How did they pin him as a supporting actor, though? I was under the impression he was - along with Ned and Daenerys - one of the main PoV characters rather than a support.

4. saintjon

saintjon Illustrious Gambler

Congratulations to Peter Dinklage! Listening to Howard Stern right now and he says he's going to start watching when he can get the whole season. Awesome. If he starts harping about this show it could hit the stratosphere.

5. Werthead

Werthead Registered User

Dinklage mentioned GRRM in several post-awards interviews. He also says that he didn't mention as many people as he should, and also forgot his own agent :)

Dinklage is officially listed in the show credits as a Supporting Actor (the 'and Peter Dinklage' bit at the end). The 'stars' (the 'main actors') for Season 1 I believe were Sean Bean, Lena Headey and possibly Mark Addy and Emilia Clarke. Who gets credited and how is a labyrinthe process involving contracts, screen-time, prior roles and so on.

6. krm0915

krm0915 Registered User

As I recall it, Tyrion's presence- already quite large in GoT- increases throughout books 2 and 3, so that coupled with Peter's Emmy win (very well-deserved, I was delighted when he won. I really watched the Emmy's just for that particular award. Guy Pearce's acceptance speech was well worth the watch, though) could lead to him being credited as a lead in Season 2. But that's all speculation on my part; I suppose we'll just have to wait for Wert to give us the official update. :p