HBO's Game of Thrones (EXTREME-SPOILER THREAD!--SPOILERS FOR ALL ASOIAF BOOKS!!!))

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Evil Agent, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evil Agent

Evil Agent Saturn Comes Back Around

Disagree. I got the soundtrack, and I really like it! Obviously it's nowhere near the level of something like LOTR, but it's got lots of good tracks. It also goes well in the background while re-reading the books. :)

2. Roland 85

Roland 85 Registered User

I have to agree with Erfael. I listened to some of the OST and I have to say most of it is terribly generic.

3. kged

kged Gloriam Imperator

I've just stumbled onto this on YouTube - theme tune on violin(s). I think it's quite superb.

Sadly, as others have said above, I can't remember one bit of the show's music beyond that epic theme music. Oh well, they had to get SOMETHING wrong, I suppose.

4. Evil Agent

I still disagree with this. After watching the show, I could already hum at least 3 or 4 different melodies from the show (the opening theme, the sad/grief theme, the King's Landing theme). Now that I've listened to the CD, those themes are even more prominent and stuck in my head.

5. Evil Agent

Season 2 starts tomorrow!

Let the spoilerific discussion begin!

I'm INCREDIBLY excited to see Stannis, Davos, and Brienne.

6. paulprithu

paulprithu The Architect

So be it!!

Right now I can think of one major concern, Natalie Dormer is like twice as old as Margaery from the books... wont it be really weird when she weds Tommen, or even Joffrey for that matter?

Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  7. teahupoo

teahupoo Supercalifragilistic

Bran is going to be the biggest problem. He is going to look like a man by the later seasons, when he should still be a boy.

8. paulprithu

paulprithu The Architect

That is very true for all the child actors. But I am sure the producers have considered it. Hence they have something up their sleeves.

9. kged

kged Gloriam Imperator

OK, going RIGHT back to the start - having finally had the time to watch my new s1 DVDs over the weekend, I was reminded of the weird pattern the bodies of the slaughtered wildlings were put into in the opening sequence. Did anyone ever figure that out, or has anyone heard any convincing theories? Watching the whole season over a couple of days did lead me to leap to one conclusion - the aerial shot of Drogo's pyre showed the fire making a pattern which reminded me of the one beyond the Wall, and I thought I was onto something, but when I looked at it again I was less than convinced. Anyone else got any ideas about what the Others were doing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.