Help with the name of a 90's book series...

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by tkke, Feb 10, 2012.

1. tkke

tkke New Member

I read a few books of a series back in the mid-90's and can't for the life of me remember their name (or the author).They were basically about the protagonist (can't remember anything about him) and his side-kick (a sort of reptilian humanoid, wise-cracking mercenary type, and I think had the ability to jump dimensions) getting into various tricky situations and managing to worm their way out. I also think they lived in a shop within a bazaar/market. The tone was quite light hearted and funny and thats basically about all I can remember.

If anyone has a clue what I'm on about please help because Google has proved fruitless and its been nagging me!

Thanks...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Randy M.

Randy M. Registered User

Not entirely sure -- the dimension hopping doesn't sound quite right -- but it sounds like Fritz Leiber's Fahfrd and Grey Mouser stories. They are reissued every so often, and have titles beginning with the word Swords ....

Randy M.

3. tkke

tkke New Member

Thanks for your reply Randy. Have had a look and thats not the one I'm looking for. The series is more modern than that, I'm guessing released in the nineties. Will keep looking!

4. tkke

tkke New Member

I should probably also mention that the sidekick is a sort of reptilian humanoid who's a bit of a wise cracking tough guy...

5. tkke

tkke New Member

The search is off!

What i was looking for was MythAdventures by Robert Lynn Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye.

Phew...

6. Lazerus

Lazerus Way Too Human

Wow...even as I was typing to say that's it's probably Myth Adventures...you figured it out.

I loved those stories.