How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Rob B, Feb 27, 2003.

1. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

I've been wondering for a while now, especially with the forums growing so much.

How did YOU hear about the forums at SFFWORLD and the Web site itself?

Thanks

FitzFlagg

2. Beldaran

Beldaran ~Dragon~

Well, my brother has been here quite long and he introduced this place to me. And must admit that that was very nice of him.:). I introduced the site to my friends too.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  3. DarthV

DarthV Sith Lord

I would guess that I found it by Googling for a book review or an author name. I saw the forums and lurked for around 5 months before signing up.

4. Rose of Sharon

Rose of Sharon New Member

I believe I was doing a search on A Song of Ice and Fire and google linked to a thread in this forum...

5. trentdick2882

trentdick2882 Complete Dickhead

As I have no friends that read avidly, which saddens me, I think I found it on google while looking for something to pass the time with at work this past summer.

6. Twelve

Twelve www.netjak.com

I went to Google.

Put in "fantasy forums" or something.

Came here.

I sent a message to one of the adminstrators about something and never got a reply, so I said,

"FINE! I'll just join the forums then!"

Last edited: Feb 27, 2003
  7. Kamakhya

Kamakhya Seeker of Stuff

Unlike the vast majority, it would seem, I did a google search for on-line discussions and web pages relating to Science Fiction, rather than Fantasy. I don't read much fantasy, but I have picked up some good titles thanks to the recommendation on this forum.

Kamakhya

8. Stor-All

Stor-All Registered User

I was searching (I believe it was on google, but possibly Yahoo) a long time ago for book reviews. I came across a couple of sites, one of which was this. I read some reviews over the course of a few months before I even realized that there was a forum here.
    And Twelve, just an FYI, I emailed the mods here when I was signing up originally because I had a little difficulty with my computer at the time, and got quite a prompt response. Something must have come up, as I'm quite sure they are overall quick and willing to respond.

9. Twelve

Twelve www.netjak.com

I know, I know. I mean no criticism! I seemed to have failed at being funny. I should put more smilies at the end of my posts...:D

10. Eventine

Eventine Uh, Staff Member

A long, long time ago (really - look at my sign on date) I was looking for some truth behind the rumours that there was going to be a Third Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I found the main site and tried to post in the book review section before I was ever so gently pointed towards the forum, where I've been bumming around ever since.

11. dragondrool

dragondrool The slugs have gone mad!

Googled for book reviews, and then followed the forum tab off of the main site.

12. Lucky Joe

Lucky Joe My bowtie is too tight

I stumbled across this place a coule of years ago searching for fantasy books, but only recently joined you in the forums.

13. ezchaos

ezchaos Next to Arch Stanton

I think I found it by accident. I was probably looking for info on an author and found the forum as as a link off another page.

14. Buddha

Buddha The (un)Enligthtened One

Stumbled across this accidently while jumping from fantasy site to site.

15. fluffy bunny

fluffy bunny Tasty or your money back! Staff Member

googly wooglied to the main site, and found this a few weeks later (at the time, was a spamless forum, and each post took 2 of 3 days to appear of the forum- probably so mods could check for obscenity/spam)

A lot of people have answered this: http://www.sffworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4117 in general discussion, but post away

Last edited: Feb 28, 2003
  16. juzzza

juzzza Loveable Rogue

I was searching (either at google or askjeeves) for places accepting short story submissions. I was really looking for a magazine site or Webzine, I had never joined or even visited a forum before... I thought it was all 50 year old men pretending to be 14 to talk dirty to girls!!!

Lurked for a bit and thought what a great idea a forum is for getting critique etc. Then, met great people, fell in love, got published, got heart ripped out and the rest is history LOL.

17. Cadfael

Cadfael Guest

It was in the dark days of a fledgling SFF... when we only had 4 members.... Dag, Zedd, Fitzflagg and Shehzad.

I was just walking past when they all jumped me and dragged me in, pressed a shilling in my hands... and chained me to the wall.

Those days are past now... with nearly 2000 members they no longer need to kidnap passers by.

Seriously... I was just sirfing Fantasy book site, and found this.

18. Cadfael

Cadfael Guest

19. kegstand14

kegstand14 New Member

As seems to be the norm, I did a search (yahoo I believe) looking for a forum on fantasy books. I had recently started reading fantasy again after a number of years of reading nothing but books for school. I had finished Martin's SOIaF and Jordan's Wheel of Time books and desired some more good fantasy. I stumbled onto this page, found many great suggestions and love the site.

20. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

Excuse me "A Dragon" but I rarely go into GD anymore.