Introduce yourself and say 'Hi'. This is the thread to say 'Hello' in (v2)!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Severn, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Severn

Severn boss of several cats...

Welcome to the newies, and the not-so newies too heh.

Happy New Year. :D

2. bio

bio A man under the Oak Tree.

Greetings from 2007 to those in 2008, and thanks for mentioning A Fish in the Swim of the World - it was not easy to get it, but it is very small World in the Net !

3. Bridie

Bridie Something witty!

Beneath that unruly exterior is thhe core of a well structured forum with many on topic threads... ;) but yeah... squee... ah crazy fangirls!

Welcome to everyone! Happy new year! may this new year bring you much love and prosperity!

4. Hobbit

Hobbit Now.. A Seriously Likeable Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick check: As it is a New Year, and the last thread was 1700 posts long, (not to mention nearly 5 years old!) I thought it was time for a new one.

(The old thread is HERE, but now closed.)

Here's where new people can introduce themselves and say 'Hi' (as the thread title says!)

Hello everyone!

Mark / Hobbit

5. Awesomerthanu

Awesomerthanu New Member

Hello

Hello! :) I'm Awesomerthanu, some of my friends also call me Dean (boy name yes, but I'm a girl). My friend made me join to get updates on The Singing and ...yeah....just here to say hi!!!:cool:

6. cougs

cougs I like spaceships

i duno, i'm pretty awesome and would be willing to debate that ;)

Anywhoo, hello, welcome, and happy new year everyone.

7. David Wilbanks

David Wilbanks Specfic Writer

Well, I've been here before.

Hi. I'm Dave.

I hope to have some interesting discussions here about fantasy, sf and all that good stuff. Nice to meetcha. [Yes, I was here for a short time a while back.]

8. queenmil

queenmil New Member

Newbie from Missouri

I was lookin around searching for books. That is how I came to find this site.... can't wait to get suggestions for new books to read.

9. ragnaroka

ragnaroka New Member

I've been on the lookout for a good internet community with the same interests as me - you'd think with such an abundance of geeks, we'd somehow find each other more easily!

My name's Kristal, by the by.

10. annepin

annepin New Member

Hello

Hey, just wanted to poke my head in and say hello. I'm a forum junkie, though I try to stay away since I'm only procrastinating. Anyway, I'm an fantasy writer yet to be published, so I suspect I'll be lurking in the writing section more than anywhere else.

Cheers!

11. lum53

lum53 Bookaholic

Hi All,

I'm new to the site but not to SF / Fantasy, i've been a fan for about 25+ years now and still can't get enough. My introduction to SF was John Normans Gor books and from there went to Pern ( Anne McCaffery's books) I've had serious love / hate relationships with all the various books, authors, characters and worlds i've explored. I'm thrilled to find this website, I'm hoping it will help me sort through all the options for my next adventures.

I've just finished Dies the Fire by S.M Stirling and discovered PA.. I absolutly love it and recommend it. what food for thought.

Happy new year !!

~ô¿ô~

Lisa

12. Noctuary

Noctuary New Member

Hello all. I actually registered some time ago, but somehow neglected to introduce myself or post anything... for shame.

Anyway, I'm Noctuary, long time fantasy/horror/SF fan. I live in the US, and my career is government law enforcement agent. I haven't been coming to this site for terribly long, but I'm very pleased to find a forum that has intelligent and active conversation, as it seems like it's either one or the other at most forums. Not a big fan of overlong introductions, so I'll wrap this up with hoping to have some interesting discussions here. Take care all.

13. Roliken

Roliken The Bard

Hello...again

Greetings everyone...

This is actually the second time I introduced myself. I sort of got lost and landed in the world of Alison Croggon. I'm excited to check out all this place has to offer. I received an English degree back in college but ended up in the emergency services field so I haven't had a lot of time to keep up my writing skills. I am currently taking a fantasy/scifi writing seminar hosted by the one and only Elaine Cunningham. It has been a truly wonderful class to really motivate me back into writing and reading. I hope this forum will help me along as well. Thanks.

Jeff

14. Armadillo-Rok

Armadillo-Rok A hidden gem of a rock

Am New here

Hi to one and all, as you all know by the title. So this place looks kind a cool to hang out, can't wait to post my works here.

See ya around :)

15. Monty Mike

Monty Mike Journalist

Welcome matey,

Always great to have new users joining! :D

Don't hesitate to ask for any help in getting started. ;)

See you around the forums! :)

16. Severn

Severn boss of several cats...

welcome... :)

See you about!

17. JLM

JLM New Member

:)
    Hello!!!

I am new here! I am very excited to be part of this community! I love all sci/fi and fantasy. I am from Albuquerque, NM. I am married, no children and I love my life.

18. Trinket

Trinket Ooo, shiny!

Hi there!

I've been lurking around the site for a while now. Mostly I've been looking through the book reviews. But tonight I decided to take a look at the forums, and then decided to join. :D

As for me, I'm not that interesting. I'm happily married with no children (unless you count our pets). I love fantasy and reading, which... is probably obvious... :p I also like to draw, write, and crochet!

19. miracleman

miracleman New Member

Hi! I found this forum on another site and it sounded perfect and since I have some how made this the most formal first post in the existance of anything ever I shall add a garish smilie at the end to seem normal :D

20. JNMGibbs

JNMGibbs The 27th Paradox

Hylo!

Hey everybody!

Been meaning to sign up to the forums for a while, bout time I did so!

I'm from South Wales, UK and I'm mainly a fantasy guy (usually involving anything vampiric :p).

I'm really looking forward to reading the stuff on here as well as putting my own work up for critique.

See ya around!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.