Introduce yourself

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by sullivan_riyria, Oct 26, 2011.

1. sullivan_riyria

sullivan_riyria Creator of Worlds

Hey all,
    I'm so very excited that sffworld has given me my very own place in the "Official Author forum". I was saying to the moderator when he sent me the email that I, "fell like a real boy."

For those stopping by, I'd love to know a little about you. Whether you've read any of my books, never heard of me, or are just curious.

So...come on in, sit on down, and introduce yourself.

2. Jon Sprunk

Jon Sprunk Book of the Black Earth

Awesome, Michael. Do us proud!

3. N. E. White

N. E. White tmso Staff Member

Well, hello there!

I haven't read your works, and am generally curious. I'm also a bit of a flake, so you may never see me again.

Hi Jon! I have read Shadow's Son and have Shadow's Lure on my Kindle waiting for me to finish GRRM's dragon tome. :D

Anywho...glad to see you here, Sullivan. I did read a few of your writing-tips posts. Very informative. Thanks for sharing. :)

4. Jon Sprunk

tsmo, thank you much. And give Michael's books a try. He's a bright star in the fantasy sky.

5. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

OK Pinocchio welcome to the OFFICIAL AUTHOR forum section of our humble little area of SFFWorld.

Feel free to post all you'd like here and have fun.

6. sullivan_riyria

Wave Jon - nice to see you. I enjoyed Shadow's Son - we should talk sometime about some cross promotion :)

What are you working on now?

7. sullivan_riyria

Well I hope that's not the case (you not coming back...not the flake part...well okay maybe both).

Glad the writing tips were helpful. If you want to try out my stuff for free check out THe Viscount and the Witch it's a very short read (15 - 30 mins) and is pretty indicitive of the larger Riyria series.

8. sullivan_riyria

Very nice of you to say. But really I'm just a newbie who has had some initial success and hope to be "worthy" of comments like that some day.

9. sullivan_riyria

Woohoo - free reign...look out sffworld!

Thanks Rob.

10. Jon Sprunk

I'd like that (cross-promotion).

Right now I'm starting work on a new series. A bit more epic than the Shadow saga.

11. Haliax

Haliax Registered User

This is cool, didn't notice until now Mr. Sullivan has his own little section. Love the series, would recommend it to pretty much anyone.

And a question- when will Percepliquis be available from Ridan? Hopefully soon. Very much looking forward to it, and to rounding out my signed collection. :)

12. sullivan_riyria

Yeah, I'm really happy to have my own area here at sffworld - makes me feel like "a real boy." Glad you love the series and recommend to others - it is only through word-of-mouth that any books "make it."

We actually have a shipment of books sitting in the dining room - just waiting. Official date is 1/16/2012 but if Heir of Novron hits the street before that we'll launch as soon as it is available. We can't completely time this...both Theft of Swords and Rise of Empire hit the bookstores early. Orbit wants the books to be "out there" pretty much simultaneously...they had the good idea of moving Percepliquis to mid-month and Heir remains "officially" end of month - so short answer....1/16/2012...longer answer - as soon as Heir starts showing up in bookstores. We'll keep you posted by a post here on the forum.

13. Remi

Remi New Member

Hey! Saw some of your posts on these forums so i decided to check out your books when I went to the bookstore. Picked up Theft of Swords, read the first few pages and the back, and bought all three books haha :) in the middle of Theft of Swords right now and lovin it! Writing anything new??

Regards, Remi

14. sullivan_riyria

Well...thanks for the support! I'm always writing something new :D

Since finishing The Riyria Revelations I've actually written two books, resurrected a third, and am working on a fourth. By the terms of my contract I can't "release" anything until six months after the release of the last book (this is not an uncommon as publishers don’t want competition for the work they just put out).

The next book that will probably hit the streets is Antithesis. Here is what I currently have as the “back of the book” blurb.

Have you ever wondered about how the world would end?​

No, well don’t sweat it, most don’t and those that do figure it will come about due to a dramatic change in climate, a widespread disease, or war. That’s what we’ve been taught to believe and our brains are always eager for a rational explanation, but our minds weren’t always so logical. There was a time when people believed in myths and magic, but in today’s scientific age what can’t be proved doesn’t exist.

I was the same way until I met Winston Stewart. That was the day I learned to believe in much more than I could see—not the least of which is fate. Fate is an amazing thing. It put Gandhi in South Africa, Nelson at Gibraltar, Newton under the apple tree, and Winston Stewart on that train in Alexandria Virginia. You don’t know who Winston Stewart is? You will.

15. KatG

KatG The Bony Hand of Death Staff Member

Hey all! I just want to say, if you're reading Mike's books, don't drink anything when you're reading them because things like cranberry juice goes everywhere!

"It's my first day." -- Oy.

16. sullivan_riyria

Welcome Kat! - I'm glad you like my humor. It's one of the things I've felt missing from fantasy...in some books things always seem so serious and dire. Hope you enjoy.

17. D-E-M-Emrys

D-E-M-Emrys New Member

Hello there again Michael!

Just popping around posting the book review I did of 'Theft of Swords' and came across this jewel of a forum. Couldn't not stop in and say hi!

18. sullivan_riyria

Well hello - glad to see you over here. I do appreciate you stopping by - and thanks for helping to spread the news about Theft of Swords.

19. Isaac Law

Isaac Law Registered User

Hay, my name is Isaac A. Law. Nickname: Alienscifi. I've been wanting to write stories for years and I have a case of Autism.

20. Whitleyrr

Whitleyrr Named Man

Hi Michael,

I just had to say that, as an Episcopal priest, I got such a kick out of reading page 71 of "Rise of Empire" on which you describe the heresy trials and the burning at the stake of "Cranston, Ladoner, and Widley". I laughed out loud this morning!

-Ryan Whitley
    www.stgeorgeschurch.org