Jules Verne

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by jvtag345, Jan 11, 2012.

1. jvtag345

jvtag345 New Member

I'm a huge Jules Verne fan, and I've been getting excited about the premier of the new Mysterious Island movie. It's got the Rock in it, and is coming out in February. I did just find out though that another Mysterious Island movie is being release on the SyFy channel around the same time. This one is kind of an indie style movie that was filmed in Louisiana. I've checked out the website (www.julesvernesmysteriousisland.com) but am curious if anyone knows more about it. I don't think SyFy has started promoting it yet, but I'm looking forward to watching it and also going to see the Rock movie in theaters. Let me know if anyone knows anymore about this! Thanks!

2. ayvo

ayvo Registered User

Mysterious Island is my favourite Verne novel, but I had no idea that there's going to be not only one, but two new movies. I hope they will be good, because few years back I saw a movie adpatation of Mysterious Island and I didn't like it very much, the story was way off and well, it wasn't Mysterious Island at all :D

edit: I watched the trailers for both movies and so far, the syfy adaptation seems to be better, much closer to the original story.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  3. Chuffalump

Chuffalump A chuffing heffalump

I can't imagine any film with The Rock in it having anything but the most nebulous connection to anything written by Jules Verne. However, one lives in hope. :rolleyes::)

4. FuzionFilmz

FuzionFilmz Registered User

Don't count on it, there are no mad chases, huge explosions or beefed up heroes in the book.