L. Sprague de Camp recommendations?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by Woofdog2, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Woofdog2

Woofdog2 Registered User

Have recently read the Reluctant King trilogy, and am reading the first 3 Harold Shea novels, and realize I would like to read more by this author. His published list, of course, is very, very long. I had previously read some of his conan stuff long ago.

What other novels or collections are worth looking at by this author? is there anything that is widely considered worth skipping?

edit - my request for recommendations encompasses both the sci-fi and fantasy by this author. if a moderator wants to move this to the fantasy section it might be more appropriate.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. psikeyhackr

psikeyhackr Live Long & Suffer

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  3. Michael V. R.

Michael V. R. Registered User

There are 2 other novels in Reluctant King trilogy 'world'. The Fallible Fiend and The Honorable Barbarian. (couldn't tell from your post if you knew about them) I only know cus i have the whole set, and they are on my 'to read' list. They look like fun books.

4. Viti

Viti Registered User

The Fallible Fiend is a fantastic book. Extremely funny. I haven't read many of deCamp's novels but never fail to be completely taken by many of his short stories that I've read. My favorite would be "The Lamp from Atlantis"

I need to read more of his novels too.