Looking for a Book

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by adlrwill, Sep 8, 2009.

1. adlrwill

adlrwill New Member

Driving me nuts!! I picked up a hardback book about 4 yrs ago. Couldn't afford it at the time, but read a few pages and was immediately hooked. Wrote name of book down, but lost it. I've been looking for the book since. I vague remember the cover had trees, misty and water. I know, I know very vague. Anyway....It started with a man that apparently had fallen asleep and woke up in a different time or dimension. I thought maybe it was a Stephen Donaldson book, but have not been able to find it. So if anyone out there has ever read a similar book, please help!!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading!!!

2. Warewolf

Warewolf Fanboy Extraordinaire!

If you think it might have been a Donaldson book, was it Lord Foul's Bane or one of the other Thomas Covenant books?

3. Hobbit

Hobbit Administrator Staff Member

Sure it's not Lord Foul's Bane by Donaldson, first book in his Thomas Covenant series?

Mark

4. Davis Ashura

Davis Ashura Would be writer? Sure.

Can you remember any more details at all?

5. monolith

monolith Registered User

Donaldson would be the obvious choice, but since you seem to be a little bit vague and sketchy on the details, I'll just post some titles with characters traveling between our world and some other world/dimension. Some details match, some don't, but this is more of a brute force approach, if you will ;)

Guy Gavriel Kay - The Summer Tree (The Fionavar Tapestry, Book 1)

Stephen R. Lawhead - The Paradise War: Book One in The Song of Albion Trilogy

Mark Anthony - Beyond the Pale (The Last Rune, Book 1)

Roger Zelazny - The Chronicles of Amber

Feel free to extend this small list.