Looking for a specific book

Discussion in 'Science Fiction' started by jssmith76, Sep 3, 2004.

1. jssmith76

jssmith76 New Member

Hello everyone,

I posted this originally in the "General" area. Was told that I might want to post it here. That you guys typically are right on with this kind of thing.

OK, now that that's over, on to the subject....

Quite a few years ago, probably late 80's early 90's, I read this one sci-fi book. I thought it was great. I would love to get this book again, since I lost it in one of my many moves. Only one problem though.... I don't remember the name of the book or it's author. So.. I'll do my best in telling you what it was basically about.

From what I remember, it was about some aliens that came down to earth. I believe it was three aliens. I think they took the form of humans, not sure though. But, basically, the main part I remember was that the book was divided up into three main sections. Each section basically told the same story, or a continuation of the previous story, but each section was told as if it was through the eyes of one of the three aliens.

I know that they were all looking for something, (what, I can't remember) and that it lead to a battle between them at a beach or something like that. For some reason I seem to remember that on the cover was something like a chess board or something with a grid on it.

I know that these descriptions are really vague, and probably won't help out at all, but, I dunno what else to do. I'm sure that unfortunately, I won't be able to figure this puzzle out.

If anyone has any clues as to what this book is, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Josh

2. dragondrool

dragondrool The slugs have gone mad!

A long shot, but if it was a young adult-type book, then it sounds a bit like William Sleator's Interstellar Pig.

3. raggedyman

raggedyman Registered User

I agree with Dragondrool. "Interstellar Pig" by William Sleator.

4. jssmith76

jssmith76 New Member

Well, I searched for "Interstellar PIg" on the internet. Came across a few reviews. I think that is the book. Even the title sounds familier. Now... off to order that book and the sequel.

Thanks alot guys. I thought I would never be able to read this book again. Again, thanks for the help.

Josh

5. Erfael

Erfael Lemurs!!! Staff Member

The SFFWorld amazing book-namers have done it again. I am constantly amazed at what these folks know.