Neal Asher signing

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by nealasher, Dec 17, 2005.

1. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Okay, moderators - delete this if it's OTT!

Hey, if you now anyone who is interested, or are interested yourself, I'll be at Forbidden Planet in London to do a stock signing (for Sable Keech HB and Brassman PB), on Saturday 18th Feb from 1-2pm. this isn't a sit-down job, but if anyone wants a copy signed to them, and are in the vicinity, come in and ask the staff. I'll be there from about 12.30 (though mostly not visible, being ensconced in some stock room surrounded by heaps of books).

2. Hobbit

Hobbit Now.. A Seriously Likeable Administrator Staff Member

Thank you for the news, Neal.

And just to add to that, SFFWorld hopes to be sorting something out with Neal around that time - once he emerges from his pile of books!

Hobbit

3. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Just to re-iterate: this is not a 'signing'. I'm going to Forbidden Planet to sign stock and pre-orders. I won't be sitting out in the open to receive my clamouring fans (ho ho). Just if you are a collector -- here's an opportunity...

4. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Oops ... Hobbit, some developments on that front. It seems it is now a genuine sat at a table signing now. With posters and stuff too...

5. Gary Wassner

Gary Wassner GemQuest

Hey Neal! I live in NYC so unfortunately I won't be able to make it this time. But I wanted to welcome you here anyway, so Welcome to SFFworld.

6. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Thanks for the welcome, Gary. Maybe when I finally get to go to New York I'll look you up ... maybe carrying a signed copy of The Voyage of the Sable Keech and demanding you pay me for it!

Anyway, the signing is still on, but I give fair warning to anyone who turns up that I may look a little red-eyed, since there's a launch party a couple of days beforehand and I have now reached the age of the two-day hangover.

7. Hobbit

Hobbit Now.. A Seriously Likeable Administrator Staff Member

Does that mean that you're at the age (or past the age?) of the two day party, though? :D

Hobbit

8. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Working on the principle: avoid hangovers, stay drunk? I fear I have passed that watershed where the pleasurable effects of alcohol are outweighed by their aftereffects, though I'm a very slow learner and that doesn't stop me.

9. alison

alison Books of Pellinor

Looking for a thread on which to say - hi Neal! And to make my excuses on the book signing, which are ironclad, since I'm currently sweltering in Melbourne. (Yes, folks, it's 38 degrees C here, and I don't like it). I wouldn't mind being in London this minute...

Last edited: Jan 21, 2006
  10. Mathain

Mathain agitated and opinionated

Man, Neal, you need to get over to the States. Heck, I'd even fly out to NYC to hang out with Gary if you were coming to town...

11. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Alison, okay I'll accept that excuse. Surprisingly nice and bright here in England today, but you don't go out without a woolly on.

Mathain, one day, one day. It's definitely on the 'to visit' list.

12. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Signing reminder

For any who might be interrested and might be in the vicinity: I'll be at Forbidden Planet in London to do a signing (of Sable Keech HB and Brassman PB), on Saturday 18th Feb from 1-2pm.

13. Skaidon

Skaidon New Member

I have a question, are the posters available anywhere else? Living in California it would have been a bit to far to get to London...;)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2006
  14. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Skaidon (excellent name) there's a very limited number of posters about I'm afraid -- normally printed up by Macmillan when there's any sort of event.

15. Skaidon

Skaidon New Member

Thats a shame, I would have loved one. I love the previous artwork on your books, especially The Skinner. Keep up the great work, I eagerly await your latest release, of which Im in the process of ordering :)

16. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Forbidden Planet Signing.

NEAL ASHER
    HILLDIGGERS
    RRP: £17.99
    Our Price: £14.99
    Saturday 7th July 1 - 2pm
    London Megastore,
    179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London WC2H 8JR

Neal has been writing sci-fi and fantasy since he was 16 years old. He has gained great success and acclaim for his books including the Hadrim trilogy, Gridlinked and The Voyage Of Sable Keech.

Hilldiggers continues Neal's tradition of writing fine space dramas, full of ideas and suspense. This has everything: war, alien technology, destruction and battles for power. What more could you ask for?

All Orders must be placed before 12pm on Friday 6th July.

To pre-order your signed copy of 'Hilldiggers', please view Neal Asher's range of signed books.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2007
  17. chitman13

chitman13 Staff

Neal, will you be doing any other signings for Hilldiggers or is it just this London one?

18. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

I may be doing one at Waterstones at Lakeside in August, though that's not confirmed yet. The problem is the date clashes with something else.

19. nealasher

nealasher Neal Asher

Waterstones Lakeside.

OK, I’ll be doing another signing at 6pm Thursday 9th of August at Waterstones in Lakeside Thurrock, so if you’re in the area, come and buy some books, say hello, get books you’ve already bought signed! See you there.

20. gaiusbaltar

gaiusbaltar polity agent

awesome - i'm going to do my best to make this one (although if i don't it's because my wife is probably giving or has just given birth...) :)