Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by Iron Horse, Jan 5, 2007.

1. txshusker

txshusker A mere player

dude, Kurt Thomas! the movie that was going to break him into Hollywood stardom! I must have watched this a dozen times when it came out on cable... yeah, we didn't have 300 channels back then, though. It's not surprising if it's ranked in the Gigli arena in critics minds.

2. piovezan

piovezan New Member

Sorry, this doesn't ring any bells to me, just thought i'd mention that it did remind me of The Unnamable, a 1988 film based on a H.P. Lovecraft story. The monster almost never shows up -- only its witish goat feet.

3. Dranzers

Dranzers New Member

Hey guys, I need your help on something.
    My brother is trying to track down a TV series he watched in the 90's, something like 1992.
    There was a group of kids trying to track down tiny obelisks or something like that, and something with colors.
    He recalls it was something like eiffel towers, but he's really not sure.
    I'll try to get a bit more out of him but if someone gets it you're great, really.

4. Starhawk

Starhawk New Member

A movie ticling the dark recesses of my memory

I have been dredging up the memory of a movie with the following scenario.

First, I think this movie came out in the 1970's - 1980's.

A guy and his wife drive into a town where the people are acting strange at night. Almost like they are being taken over /mind controlled and then used to help aliens repair their ship. The guy/husband, however is not able to be controlled (I think because he has a metal plate in his head or is on medication that prevents this from happening). He encounters a beautiful space alien (there has to be at least one of those).

Anyway at the end of the movie the guy tries to find the spaceship and cries out to the aliens to take him with them and in the end they do. Probably because the alien woman convinces them to take him because he has nothing left to keep him on Earth.

The only other thing I can bring as a possible clue is that the word "Night" is in the movie title. I think.

If I get anything else coming to the surface I will let you know.

TIA.

Found it! The name of the movie is "Night Slaves" (1970) with James Franciscus, Lee Grant, and Tisha Sterling (the beautiful space alien).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  5. in2it4fun

in2it4fun New Member

I need help finding this movie!!

I saw this movie back a few years ago...
    It was about a young married couple that go out to live in a cabin on a tiny little island in the woods just after they get married. I think they inherited the cabin or something, and they went out there to live because they thought it would be a fun little adventure.
    He eventually goes crazy (can't remember why... seclusion maybe?) and he takes it out on his young wife... tying her up to a post outside like a dog and starving her, beating her... whatever. I can't figure out what movie this was... AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!

There are so many horror movies done with "Cabin" in the title (or in the synopsis) that it's impossible to do an internet search.
    Not cabin by the lake, cabin in the woods, cabin fever...... and it's at least 5 yrs old.... if not older.

Someone please help me!

6. Chuffalump

Chuffalump A chuffing heffalump

Depends where you are in the world.

Your time period is a bit late but otherwise it sounds a bit like one of the Chocky series. Certainly in one of them the children were hunting for the parts of Chocky's transmitter? or spaceship?

7. spif

spif New Member

Childrens Fantasy Puppet show's from the 90s

Hello what I can remember of this is that it was set in a forest and there was a large Talking tree and forest creature puppets about the size of 5 year old children sort of looked like raccoons, I recaall huts aswell it was pretty good quality paraleling hensons stuff from what I recall though obviously not him as I would have found it already.

Also another show thats been bugging me is one with puppets again or humans in costumes, the theme was of space pirates but from what I recall they wore rather spacey lookin outfits but the ship was a pirate ship, and outer space was blue

Cheers

8. PsychoPsymon

PsychoPsymon New Member

Kids show from back in the day...maybe time travel?

Ok here goes, been racking my brain for yeeaars on this one. It's a live-action show for kids that had several episodes.

The main theme was either "time travel" or "jumping between dimensions". I specifically remember VERY different scenery and scenarios at each place they went. It was a young guy, a girl, and 'maybe' an older guy/scientist. They were searching for these white pieces to bring back with them fit into this 'clock' (maybe) or device. Once they collected them all, something would happen. They would get one piece per episode.

I remember one episode they got trapped as pets in a large clear box only to realize they're some aliens' pets. The aliens keeping them got REAL mad when they came back one time and they were gone.

I also remember the girl would always say the boys first and last name whenever she referred to him, and one specific scene where he was hanging out of the "vehicle" they used to traverse the time and space.

PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks everyone

9. PsychoPsymon

PsychoPsymon New Member

Uhhh, I mean besides the time travel part you pretty much spelled out Alladin, however, you said no anime, just a shot in the dark for ya.

10. PsychoPsymon

PsychoPsymon New Member

You my good sir are looking for a this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107961/

I remember looking for that same movie early in life. Real good, pretty songs in it.

I bet you never thought you'd get the answer 6 months later!

11. PsychoPsymon

PsychoPsymon New Member

You my good sir are looking for a this...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107961/

I remember looking for that same movie early in life. Real good, pretty songs in it.

I bet you never thought you'd get the answer 6 months later!

12. Ocajnik

Ocajnik Registered User

I know you said it probably isn't something done by Henson but it sort of put me in mind of Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas.

13. gingey

gingey New Member

Some show that was on saturdays

I cant remember the name of this show that came on saturday mornings after all of the other kids cartoons and what not.

it was live action with the main character as a man prolly in his 20's and some little puppet kid thing that lived with him. i remember one episode where the guy got cloned or something and i think there was doughnuts.

and in one episode the puppet didnt want to be short so he hung from monkey bars and wore really tall shoes. and i think i remember a tomb or something

anyone?

oh and if it helps it was prolly on between 96 to 99? and i lived in florida in tampa if that helped

14. HeclaBull

HeclaBull Registered User

^^^^^^
    The only show I can think of is Bobby's World. The little kid character was a cartoon though, and Howie Mandell played the adult.

15. gingey

gingey New Member

naw it wasnt a cartoon

16. bishopthom

bishopthom New Member

70's / 80's TV show with kids as spaceship crew

I'm trying to remember a TV show pilot that was shown back in the late 70's or early 80's. The premise for the show was a long-term space voyage that was going to take thirty or forty years to complete. The outbound crew was composed of adults and the return crew were their children. All but one of the adults dies in the pilot, leaving one grownup with a crew of kids to figure out how to run the ship.

I don't think the show was picked up for regular production, but I seem to remember seeing the pilot episode being broadcast as a made for tv movie or something.

If anyone knows what the title was, please let me know. Thx!

---Thom

17. txshusker

txshusker A mere player

Seth Green was in a show called Greg the Bunny where the Bunny was a puppet. But I thought it was racier than Saturday morning cartoon time. I don't know much about it.

18. joker2115

joker2115 New Member

Old show from I think the 90's

There was a show that wasn't around too long. For the life of me I can't remember the name. The show was about a guy who was from the 90's and somehow woke up in the 80's with all of his memories. There was one scene where they went to see Empire Strikes back on opening weekend and he spoiled that Darth Vader was Lukes father and everyone was mad. I can't remember what this is called. Please help. Thanks.

19. kaydebug

kaydebug New Member

movie series from 90s

I use to watch this movie at my babysitters i remeber the fhe i think and all i really remember was different colored characters and there were kids it wasnt animated and they were magical i guess like granted wishes i dont really remember much i was about 7 or 8 last time i seen it it was on vhs and they had a couple different ones but id really appreciate some help on this i hope u can figure it out i sure can haha

20. JTHartke

JTHartke Just happy to be here.

Mid to Late 70's Fantasy Animated Cartoon

Hi all,

I have been racking my brain for years trying to figure this one out. It was an animated film run on television when I was a kid in the late 70's.

It was a single show. It was fantasy themed, kind of like Narnia or the Hobbit, but it was neither.

All I can remember is that one of the characters had a candle in his hat. The rest is all witches and goblins in my memory.

It was pre-Black Cauldron, but it also felt like that as well. I have tried "Last Unicorn" and "Wizards", but those aren't it.

Any old people with ideas????

Thanks
    JTH