Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by Iron Horse, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Zsashas

Zsashas Alchemist

Really old show...

It took place in a castle I'm pretty sure, there was this glittery darkness that was kind of alive trying to catch everybody, it was coming up from the dungeon/basement/whatever, 2 people managed to escape on a carpet I think. The whole thing was animated, and it was at least 5 years old. Sorry I'm kind of vague lol. I've been trying to find out about this show for years.

Edit: Might have been a movie, but I'm not sure

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. dwarfln

dwarfln New Member

One Film - No Trace

Good day!
    /maybe you can help us/

There are many people in Russia who are 30-40 years old now and who remember one film from the 80th but cannot even find out its name and origin country. The film is based on the Hauff's fairy tale "The Dwarf Nose". Also we know that once Andrew Lang has published his "The Violet Fairy Book", which contains "The History of Dwarf Long Nose" where the hero's name is Jem (http://mythfolklore.net/andrewlang/063.htm - without any reference on Hauff).
    It's most like a TV-production: a film, a play, a short serial or an episode of some serial, - but it isn't an animation.
    For the present we've dug up 12 (twelve) TV- and screen versions of that tale except cartoons. These are:

1) ZWERG NASE 1921 (AUSTRIA) - b/w movie
    Astoria-Film
    Dir.: Heinz Hanus, Ladislaus Tuszynski

2) ZWERG NASE 1924 (DEUTSCHLAND) - b/w movie
    Fritz Bettge-Film (Berlin)

3) ZWERG NASE 1953 (BRD) - b/w movie
    Schongerfilm GmbH
    Dir.: Francesco Stefani

4) ZWERG NASE 1955 (BRD) - b/w puppet film
    Augsburger Puppenkiste
    Dir.: Fritz Umgelter, Ekkehard Bohmer

5) ZWERG NASE 1958 (DDR) - colour movie
    DDR Fernsehen Produktionen
    Dir.: Hans-Gunther Bohm

6) KARLIK NOS 1970 (USSR) - b/w TV-play
    Dir.: Galina Orlova

7) ZWERG NASE 1978 (DDR) - colour TV-film
    Deutscher Fernsehfunk
    Dir.: Karl-Heinz Bahls

8) ZWERG NASE 1980 (AUSTRIA) - b/w movie
    ORF-Production
    Dir.: Johannes Hoflehner

9) O NOSATE CARODEJNICI 1984 (CSSR) - colour TV-film
    Dir.: Jana Pokorna

10) ZWERG NASE 1986 (DDR) - colour puppet film
    DEFA-Studio fur Trickfilme
    Dir.: Katja Georgi

11) ZWERG NASE – 4 Fauste fur ein Zauberkraut 2006 (DEUTSCHLAND) - colour TV-film (parody)
    Medienfonds GFP, Rat Pack Filmproduktion GmbH
    Dir.: Cyrill Boss, Philipp Stennert

12) ZWERG NASE 2008 (DEUTSCHLAND) - colour movie
    Kinderfilm, Moviepool, Bayerischer Rundfunk
    Dir.: Felicitas Darschin

- And none of them is what we're seeking.
    Why do we want this film? - because of the strong childish impressions after viewing that. It was greatly realistic, horrable and charming performance at the same time. We remember very gloomy and hopeless atmosphere of the film; generally slow action going like through slight mist; covered counters on the market place; human heads in the basket; the squirrels with half-nutshells on their feet. The witch was frightful and sinister. The dwarf with big hooked nose was ugly, fearful and miserable (actor Fritz Wepper resembles him: http://i15.fastpic.ru/big/2011/0213/56/6146630e5be510201335ed7223d19e56.jpg).
    Certainly it would be looked not so thrilling for us today, but it's strange (somebody says "mystic") that we haven't found the film so far. Supposedly it was produced between 1970 and 1985 years and could be named "The Legend of Enchanted Jacob", "Jacob The Long Nose", "Magic Herb" or somehow else.

PLEASE help us to find the film from our childhood.

Thanks.

3. JunkMonkey

JunkMonkey Registered User

4. dwarfln

dwarfln New Member

Thanks for response.

The IMDb list is checked/rechecked out many many times. Generally speaking IMDb is not the fullest database (especially it concerns TV plays and movies).

My appeal is firstly addressed to the people who have seen the Film formerly 'cause it's very hard to forget that.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2012
  5. FuzionFilmz

FuzionFilmz Registered User

Looking for Sci Fi films that need distribution. Established film distribution company with background in all forms of media is creating a new label just for SF films. Looking for any and all films that need distribution. Does not matter what phase of distribution you are in, we can lend a hand!

6. shadowgirl_95

shadowgirl_95 New Member

good evening every one :)
    i just need help i can't remember the name of this tv show it was about that girl i think her father was some kind of demon i don't remember and she ran away from him searching for her mum who was human, she also has powers like her dad, but she was trying to hide them to fit in school, and that's all i remember, anyone help please?:(

7. Anjasa

Anjasa Erotic SFF Author

This sounds like it might be Hex? I'm not entirely sure. Sounds interesting though!

8. shadowgirl_95

shadowgirl_95 New Member

It is thank u :D

9. Anjasa

Anjasa Erotic SFF Author

I've actually been looking for an urban fantasy. I'm not sure anything about it - I only saw it for sale in a store and forgot the name of it. There was about 6 people on the season 1 box cover, a male and female front and centre. I believe it involved police that looked for the supernatural, and I think it started with an "A". Unfortunately I can't find anything fitting this description.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? I don't think it's Lost Girl, which I'm currently watching, but it seemed thematically similar.

10. Lionsroar

Lionsroar New Member

80's tv pilot, mixed fantasy genres

Hi, reg'd just to see if I can get this answered!

This was a TV show on one of the big three networks in the US, Northeast region, in the 80's (probably early to mid).

It was a fantasy genre-bender, with what I remember having aliens/spaceships, and also knights/castles, and posibly also cowboy-type characters.

I'm pretty sure it only ran a few ep's, maybe a pilot and a few shows. I also seem to recall this was a pet project of one of the big directors of the day -George Lucas comes to mind, but it might have been Speilberg or someone of similar stature.

Lastly, I remember a part of an episode that had the king being poisoned by one of the baddies, and the doctor, a middle-aged black man, tells him that it is a slow painful death, so the king asks to be euthanized by the doctor, an the doctor proceeds to perform "The Lion's Roar", which is this tremendous roar that kills you, and he kills the king with it.

WTH is this show! Any help would be much appreciated - also if it exists anywhere to be seen again. Thanks to all.

11. johncoct

johncoct New Member

TV show about a Little Asian Girl doing adventure learning?

About 5 years ago there was a show TV show about a Little Asian Girl doing adventure learning? She would go from place to place, swimming with dolphins, going to farm, snow skiing and explain it from her perspective.

Anyone have a clue. It may have been ________'s World

Thanx

12. MarcusWaynus

MarcusWaynus New Member

What is this move and comic book.

This is driving me nuts that I cant remember, even after googling for an hour.
    I remember a movie and I think it was based on a comic, that had a scientist and his crew that battled these aliens that were undercover on earth. The scientist and his guys were musicians and used being in a band as a cover. In the movie there was a part were the scientist was building an experiment to transport through solid rock. I think the aliens were trying to prevent this from being a success.
    Help!

13. JimF

JimF Registered User

That is The Adventures of Bukaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimesnsion

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086856/

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  14. cheeky414

cheeky414 New Member

Need help remembering movie!

OK, so there was this movie that i saw when i was younger, i believe it was sometime between 1996-2002..... i cant remember the name and i want to watch it now. All can remember from the movie is there was a girl who stabbed a man in a bed repeatedly and ran out of a sliding glass door. Also, there was either the same girl or a different girl, cant remember, who was walking down a staircase and a man stabbed her with some type of needle and she passed out. he then laid her on a couch and when she woke up, she gradually turn into some strange creature...... Please help me lol its been bugging me for weeks. i think it was a made for TV movie if im not mistaken...

15. Zsashas

Zsashas Alchemist

Just wondering if anyone is trying to find mine lol :p

16. JimF

JimF Registered User

I looked at it, but it didn't ring any bells with me. Sorry.

17. txshusker

txshusker A mere player

Was it Pirates of Dark Water? It's a cartoon from the early 90's I think. I didn't watch it, but remember flipping past. I think they travelled in a flying ship and the Dark Water was something like the Nothingness from The Neverending Story which consumed everything it touched.

18. Irisim

Irisim New Member

Need a little help remembering a movie/tv series

Hi, i remember watching this episode/movie on tv but i only remember slight details...

i think it was about a boy/girl who was on a plain with his/her parents but it crashed in a jungle/forest...
    there was also some weird man that did something to the plushie of the boy/girl which make him/her addicted to it... i think there was more people involved too but i dont remember D:

if anyone knows the name of this movie/tv series plz leave a reply :)
    Thanks!

19. Avostear

Avostear New Member

Show that involved the fourth dimension.

Maybe it was one NBC or ABC, one of the local networks.

One episode had an abandoned ocean rig, with all the of the workers disappeared. They found a messed up security tape, on it was like a ball of mercury that was constantly changing shapes. The y couldn't figure out what they were looking at and one of the scientist stated it was from the 4th dimension and that was why they couldn't tell the exact shape.

Main actress is super hot.

Hopefully you guys can help.

20. Randy M.

Randy M. Registered User

Maybe Threshold, 2004-2005, starring Carla Gugino?

Randy M.