Need help remembering a Movie or TV show? Ask here.

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by Iron Horse, Jan 5, 2007.

1. hawkwind

hawkwind Registered User

I think the movie is called Primer. I have heard good things about it and looking forward to seeing it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer_(film)

2. Nontagonist

Nontagonist New Member

3. gollumbells

gollumbells BLOOD FREASH TASTY BLOOD

This has been bugging me for a while.
    Its this old cartoon where thery have rings and when they all use them together something good happens.cant remember much else. anyone kniow this?

4. tracyt1800

tracyt1800 Registered User

5. Zsinj

Zsinj Registered User

6. gollumbells

gollumbells BLOOD FREASH TASTY BLOOD

Wow. I never thought anyone would know that. had a look on youtube and it is just how i remember. thanks alot.

Also remember playing the game on the amega

7. tracyt1800

tracyt1800 Registered User

I have to give credit to the guy sitting next to me at work. He seems to know more about cartoons, anime & video games than anyone I know.

8. jclaya

jclaya New Member

90s movie??

There was a movie that I watched around 98 or 99. It was set in somewhat medieval times and had two main characters that robbed coaches in england I believe. They went to extravagant parties and that is about as much as I can remember about it. Oh and one of them got some sort of STD and had to use kerosene to cure it. An odd thing to remember but that might help someone figure it out.

Thanks

9. ArthurFrayn

ArthurFrayn the puppet master

10. Rohan

Rohan Wordsmith

This is really vague, so I apologise in advance, but it's been bugging me for a while!

There was a cartoon, I think in the mid 90s (I think), and there was a wizard, and I think two main protagonists - a male and a female. These two were, I think, bears or some other little cutesy things, while the wizard was a human.

I remember there was a white tower room with, I think, a crystal or a pool in the centre. This was the base of operations for the wizard (who was good, and sided with the protagonist and his girl).

The bad guys were, I think, a race of mountain-dwelling things, and were traditionally malevolent and slightly stupid. There may have been some crazy inventor amongst them? I really don't remember what these fellows looked like, but I imagine them something like goblins.

The two main characters, I want to describe them as green bears, but of course, they are probably nothing of the sort!

The cartoon was not that great, but I'm bugging out trying to remember this damn thing! Anyone can help me out, I'll be terribly grateful! :D :eek:

11. Zsinj

Zsinj Registered User

I remember sometime in early 2000 watching this cartoon series on FOX on Saturday mornings that, from what I remember ended up being very short-lived and was on along with the Escaflowne series. It was set on a post-apocalyptic earth where science was forbidden and replaced with magic. Could anyone help?

12. wain_poo

wain_poo New Member

not sure

can anybody PLEASE tell me the name of a late 60s early 70s sci fi/horror tv show that started out with a whistling tune with an eerie bass sound and a big pendulum swing at an amusement park?

i found the answer after 4hrs on the net.
    it was journey to the unknown

Last edited: Jan 6, 2008
  13. Solaar

Solaar The Good

Please guys and gals - help an old SFFer find this film. I've scoured the web and no luck but maybe one of you Childs of the 80s can help...

This film I simply remember loving. I'm pretty sure it was an 80s film and all I can recall is the ending where they're stuck in a ski-lift and it starts swaying as they either get it on or have a party (yup, memories that hazey) - I'm also sure Shannon's "Let the Music Play" was the closing credits too...

Anyone? Someone? Help!!

Solaar
    seeking

14. jadedejah

jadedejah New Member

#1: I think its British a movie in the 80s or early 90's where a Boy Goes into a portal a swirly portal I think and then he turns into an annimated boy and some wizard or something teaches him math as he goes through this adventure and theres a spot with a ton of crazy stairs and he has to move a pile of sand with a pair of tweezers.

The Movie is called "The Phantom Tolbooth" 1961 :D

15. Stacerlady

Stacerlady New Member

Pbs

There was a television kids show on PBS in the 80's that had a woman and man probably in their late 30's early 40's. She was a blonde with short hair and dressed in a long red late 1800's dress with a black hat, he wore a pirate outfit, had brown hair, parted it down the middle and feathered it back. He had a thick mustache and spoke with a gruff voice like a pirate. He called her "lady". I can't remember what she called him. If I remember correctly they were stuck on an island and the map they had gave them clues to letter sounds and objects with those sounds. Loved that show....was gonna look it up and can't remember the name. Any help?

16. kileypie

kileypie New Member

please help!

Oh my god I have been trying to figure out the name of this movie for what feels like 10 years.

The only things I can remember from it are:

It's from the late 80's or early 90's.
    There is a young girl with purple hair who befriends some sort or alien girl.
    The alien girl has two dots on the side of her forehead.
    The purple haired girl takes the alien girl home to live with her, her brother & mom.
    There are two men dressed in black that are after the alien girl.

That is pretty much it. Thanks!

17. mattplett4

mattplett4 New Member

Question please help!

i have a very vague recollection of this cartoon. not sure when it was made. but i watched it in the 80's. it wasn't on tv that i know of. we used to rent the video. i think they were short cartoons. from what i can remember there was a man who lived in a house in the middle of nowhere. may have been on a hill. one of the episodes he fell asleep and was dreaming he was lying on his bed flying in the night sky and objects were flying past him. i think there may have been horns or trumpets. and another episode i think had to do with a christmas tree and the star on top of it. please help thanks

18. Andols

Andols I like stories

that is one of the most vague descriptions ever.

Teddy Ruxbin?

19. mattplett4

mattplett4 New Member

good job dumbass. i said it was vague already.

20. bethya

bethya New Member

Looking for a title of a film

Okay so this is a long shot...It may hav been a film on tv so i dont even know if it'd be on video or dvd...AND i cannot even remember the name OR any of the actors...

The plot was...

There was a not so pretty girl with big unattractive glasses, curly hair...an aunt who was a waitress. She worked on a farm/horse range place. The main guy in the film trained up a "snobby" blonde girl who would win the ribbons at the dressage horse shows etc but then this snobby girl quits on the trainer....thus starts the love story betwean the not so pretty girl and the trainer when she decides to try out to be in the horse show...she ends up getting a makeover and they fall for eachother...

i cant remember any more...the way its made sorta makes m think of those mid day movies...that sorta feel.

it may have been a canadian film...or american...of the 80's...maybe 70's but i reckon 80's...

its a long shot but thought i'd give it a go and ask!!!

Beth