New books in the Harry Potter Series

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Spawfonk, Jul 2, 2002.

1. Spawfonk

Spawfonk Registered User

Does anyone know if Goblet is the last one? ive heard that it is but i havent heard that rumour confirmed. i hope its not the case.

2. e-Morgana

e-Morgana Elusive Enchantress

NO NO NO - its not the last.

Number 5 is very eagerly anticipated by me and millions of other fans I suspect. I heard there was going to be one book for each of Harry's years at Hogwarts, which would make 7.

I think I vaguely recall something about "Phoenix" in the title of the next one - but I could be completely wrong with that. :p

3. Barbarossa

Barbarossa Ancient Member

The title is "The order of Phoenix", no publishing date is set yet, but first half of 2003 seems a safe bet.

4. Alucard

Alucard Snazzy Dancer

Yes. I, too, will be in line with a billion other eight-year-olds when Order of the Pheonix is released. I am eagerly awaiting its release. But Rowling needs to hurry it up. I'm getting impatient.

5. e-Morgana

e-Morgana Elusive Enchantress

Thank you Barbarossa - my memory wasn't leading me astray after all it seems. :D

6. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

You're kidding, right?

7. Duarh

Duarh New Member

not only does the plot disallow this, there's also the question of $$ - Rowling would be strange if she stopped writing HP now when it's bringing in such heaps of cash

8. CrazyReader

CrazyReader Registered User

The Order of the Phoenix should be out next year around this time from what I'm hearing.

9. Spawfonk

Spawfonk Registered User

well thanks for clearing that up for me guys. someone told me after the 4th came out that it was the last one or something. Its been a long time in the making huh?

10. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Betrayer of Hope

I heard the same. I find somewhere that book six will be in late 2003 and will have something like Dragon Flame Torch or that sort of...:confused:

11. BehemothCat

BehemothCat New Member

A fifth Harry Potter book is now out. Unfortunately for HP fans, it's only available in China. Here's the first few lines from the book (translated from Chinese):

Harry doesn't know how long it will take to wash the sticky cream cake off his face. For a civilised young man it is disgusting to have dirt on any part of his body. He lies in the high-quality china bathtub, keeps wiping his face, and thinks about Dali's face, which is as fat as the bottom of Aunt Penny.

Ha ha, makes me wonder if it's as good as Michael Gerber's Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody.