Short Story Collection

Discussion in 'Promotion Zone' started by ronkimmons, May 2, 2012.

1. ronkimmons

ronkimmons New Member

May 2, 2012
    Hi all! First post - but certainly not my last!

Just wanted to tell you about my short story collection that I recently published to Kindle. You can see it here.

Some of the stories are science fiction, while others are realistic fiction. See the synopses below:

Continuity - A brilliant nanotechnologist, having made human immortality possible, is tormented by the simple realities that still lie beyond his control.
    Criminals - By encountering an unexpected foe, a father on an outing with his children must face a challenge to his worldview.
    Penance - A successful televangelist sees Jesus Christ in his sleep - and tries to make a case for his career choices.
    Canonization - An opportunistic business woman uses marvels of science to become a religious figure.
    Grandpa's Nose - A young woman flees an abusive relationship, intending to leave her baby with her estranged parents.
    A Revelation - While napping on lunch break, a woman imagines a conversation with the devil.
    Coexistence - A sensible office worker reluctantly accepts ideological reform after saying insensitive things to a coworker who has a personal relationship with a giant, furry parasite from outer space.
    The Innocent - A private investigator, having discovered the murderer of his wealthy client's heir, is troubled about which step he should take next.
    Legion - In a post-apocalyptic setting, the world's most advanced robot - having the memories of a human - has been reprogrammed and charged with the destruction of all other robots.
    Helping - A young insurance salesman does his best to reconcile his ideals with his profession.
    Trashland - Living in the landfill of Maputo, Mozambique, an orphaned boy continues to cling to what is most dear.
  2. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Man of Ways and Means

Dec 25, 2009
    Good Luck with it!