Songs of September

Discussion in 'Writing' started by N. E. White, Sep 1, 2011.

1. wwfward

wwfward Registered User

How about we have a dedicated thread for this group instead of starting a new one every month? It doesn't even have to be permanent, and we could start a new one every two or three months. Just wondering what people think about it.

2. RedMage

RedMage There is no tomorrow

I'd be up for that! Maybe we could start that after the November thread? (Kind of hoping to show even more people how great our group is!)

Perhaps we could do one thread for every season of the year. You know, one for Spring, one for Summer, etc. But would we make goals for that entire time? That is one thing I've really liked about having monthly threads--its a short term goal we make and we can quickly, easily re-evaluate it.

Another thing to think about are the graphs and if a single person should run the thread for multiple months. tmso and I've used Google Documents when we've run it in the past. That allows multiple users to to modify the same document. Maybe we could do that and have everyone update their progress themselves? That would save the person running the show a lot of time a trouble and it would give them more time to work on their own goals.

Thoughts?

3. A. Lynn

A. Lynn Was: "Virangelus"

I'm all for the seasonal thread if that makes it easier than starting a new monthly deal.

Also, I have to agree with you on letting the people update their own work. We do want to spread the load evenly.

What do we call the new thread? Warning bad pun coming up:
    "The WIP it and WIP it Good" thread?

4. wwfward

wwfward Registered User

Yay! I thought people were going to say it was a stupid idea :(. Now, we're going to have a seasonal thread ... bad puns and all :).

5. A. Lynn

I myself am quite glad that I was not automatically banned from the new thread due to that pun. :cool:

See you all on the otherside of NaNoWriMo

6. robotosaur

robotosaur Registered User

I'll be trying NaNo-for-real next month, too--I'm robotosaur over there as well. I failed out last year around 30k but I'm doing more planning this time around and hopefully that'll pay off...

7. MLSawyer

MLSawyer Compulsive Writer

Heya Robotosaur - how was your wedding? Good luck with the Nano thing. My november is taken out with the honeymoon (wedding on Sat) so I don't think I'll be getting much writing donw :). Maybe next year.

8. robotosaur

robotosaur Registered User

Congrats on the imminent wedding! I hope everything's falling into place for you--ours went off (inexplicably) without a hitch and I wish you similar good fortune. It does throw off any other things you want to get done, though. It's a month later and I'm just now getting back into my routines.

9. A. Lynn

FYI: My own handle is also "Virangelus" at NaNoWrimo. However, it appers their "Writing Buddies" system is down at the time being.

Six more days and counting!

10. RedMage

RedMage There is no tomorrow

Plan, plan, plan! I am so excited about next month! Can't wait to get started. For those waiting on me for the new thread, I'm going to post it tomorrow I think (that whole timing thing to get as many people to join us as we can get).

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011