Stargate Universe

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by creemore, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

I caught up with the series over the past few days on my cable's ON DEMAND and I like the show. I do notice the camera shots have that jittery BSG effect going on. I like Carlyle as the mad doctor, he does well as the angry genius. Eli (the young everyman point man of the show) is pretty good too, he hasn't yet crossed over into annoying.

The ladies are well played too (and easy on the eyes). Overall, I'll be watching.

2. Srdju

Srdju Unstoppable

Well, I guess not everyone was chosen to be an SG-1 fan :p

3. Wulfa_Jones

Wulfa_Jones Gentleman and Scholar

I might be wrong, but I am sure that jittery camera work started off, in sci-fi programming anyway, in Space Above and Beyond?

The female cast is pretty easy on the eye, certainly the "sexiest" Stargate series to date - no offence to Amanda Tapping!

4. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

RE: Shaky Cam, I didn't thing BSG was the first to do it, but coincidentally enough SyFy is airing SGU at the same time on the same day and with a similar darker tone...

5. Rilzik

Rilzik Registered User

small spoilers

small spoilers

I have the same exact feelings.

Although i am a little let down by it.

That's how I see almost all syfy and fantasy on tv. Looking forward to V though.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. Jennifer P

Jennifer P Registered User

Honestly...I'm watching this, but it has a major flaw to me.

A major one.

All of the decisions are being made by...the SHIP. The characters have no ability to alter their own destiny, and the ship is even CALLED Destiny.

I'm not sure I'm interested in continuing with a story in which the protagonists can only react, not act.

7. Kyndig

Kyndig Daydreamer

When I think about the new V, I can't help but to shudder in horror at the thought that they're remakeing one of my favorite old shows. If they ruin it than alot of people will hate ABC even more.

On to SGU, I like it so far. If there is little to no action it does'nt bother me that much, my favorite part of SG-1 was the plot and back story anyway. And for those who say that there is'nt any back story in SGU are wrong, the history of the Anchients is brought up on a reguler basis.

Kyn,

(P.S. Did anyone else notice that O'Neill put on some weight or what?):p