The Feast for Crows synopsis!!

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Mithfânion, May 17, 2002.

1. Mithfânion

Mithfânion Lord of the Wild Hunt

Rejoice, my mortal friends!!!

Continuing the most ambitious and imaginative epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings The action in Book Four of A Song of Ice and Fire begins the day after the end of A STORM OF SWORDS. While the remaining northern lords war endlessly with each other and the ironmen of the isles attack the Dreadfort, Sansa becomes a skilled player in the game of thrones with Littlefinger as her mentor, Arya a skilled assassin, and Bran a magician and shapeshifter of great power. All seek to gain revenge for the death of their parents and Robb Stark, whose head was cut off and replaced with the head of his direwolf. Valar morghulis. All men must die, and wolves, too. Danerys trains her growing dragons and learns from Barristan the secrets of her father, her brother Rhaegar, and other matters that will culminate at Starfell. And Jon Snow is the nine-hundredth-and-ninety-eighth lord commander of the Night's Watch. The Wall is his. The night is dark, and he has King Stannis to face. The cold wind is rising, and still there are inhuman powers gathering in the north. "

Most striking?

The mention of Bran becoming a powerful magician and shapeshifter, undoubtedly under the guidance of the Children of the Forest. I hasn't expected that journey and his transformation into a mage and shapeshifter so soon.

Also, the Ironmen attacking the Dreadfort? New stuff there.

Arya joins the Faceless men, no doubt. And what's that about matters culminating at Starfall? That's where the Daynes and the mighty blade Dawn reside.

2. LePeze

LePeze Geirnaersch

I wonder what's going to happen with the youngest Stark.

3. ChrisW

ChrisW Banned

Continuing the most ambitious and imaginative epic fantasy since The Lord of the Rings

::Vomits::

Ah but half of todays fantasy epics claim that so nothing special there.

Arya a skilled assassin, and Bran a magician and shapeshifter of great power

Geez it didnt take them long did it? I guess those Stark kids are fast leaners [​IMG].

Oh and I love the timing of this release. Just a few days after Jordans. Hrm......

Meanwhile, on another front, Fantasy Flight Games is moving ahead quickly with their GAME OF THRONES collectible card game.

Omg what a sell out! He's just writing for the money! [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Caldazar (edited May 17, 2002).]

4. horribleman

horribleman I can see in the dark

Where did you get this lovely info?

5. ChrisW

ChrisW Banned

The synopsis is from amazon.co.uk I tink.

6. ezchaos

ezchaos Next to Arch Stanton

The action in Book Four of A Song of Ice and Fire begins the day after the end of A STORM OF SWORDS.

I thought A Feast for Crows was supposed to take place 5 years after the events in aSoS? That would make more sense with some of the things described here.

7. Mithfânion

Nope, the 5-year gap was cut because GRRM didn't want to have to employ flashbacks to things that happened during that gap all the time. There are too many important things happening.

8. Crysania

Crysania Registered User

I knew he'd scrapped teh five year gap thing but... THE DAY AFTER...???

I certainly hope five year is covered IN this book. Otherwise it's going to be another 39430984038 volume series and that'll PISS me off.

Anyway, I'm praying it holds up to it's predeccesors... at least it seems like something is HAPPENING in this volume -- I especially like the part about finding out about Rhaegar's 'secrets' -- unlike other volumes whose dustjacket synopsis was recently released....

[This message has been edited by Crysania (edited May 17, 2002).]

9. Macros

Macros a.k.a slade

I think this book probably will cover five years. I just hope GRRM can control the pacing. It seems like there's a lot to cover and a novel can easily be spoiled if it moves way too fast. Of course, the alternative is just as worse. coughWOTcough cough.

10. Decado

Decado Registered User

I haven't looked forward to a book this much in ages. The Fantasy genre has gone downhill some, I think.

But with authors like Martin, the genre will never die [​IMG]

11. Cygnus

Cygnus Push the button Frank

Sounds exciting. Of course I'll probably have to re-read A Storm of Swords to refresh my memory. I have to agree with Crysania.. this is looking to be another really drawn out series unless GRRM can cover some time in this book!

Also could one of the moderators (or Mithfanion) put a spoiler warning at the top of Mith's message? That synopsis gives quite a bit away for those who haven't read any of these books. Of course, if you haven't read any of the books you probably won't be interested in reading the synopsis for book 4... just in case.

12. Mithfânion

Also could one of the moderators (or Mithfanion) put a spoiler warning at the top of Mith's message? That synopsis gives quite a bit away for those who haven't read any of these books

A synopsis already implies that spoilers are to come. It's overdoing it to add extra spoiler warnings in my opinion.

13. Elan Morin Tedronai

Elan Morin Tedronai The Betrayer of Hope

You gotta point Red Eagle [​IMG]! I'll read it, bu I doubt that it will make me like the series [​IMG]!