Top ten scenes

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by Luya Sevrein, May 27, 2011.

1. Twinner

Twinner Registered User

I just re-read the first book and still don't see him instantly obeying Robert like that. He was never Robert's creature.

However as you mentioned, I could see him doing it to irk and show up Gregor ... I need to watch the scene again. :)

2. TooNice

TooNice Banned

in no particular order

1. bronn's duel.

"you don't fight with honor"
    "no. he did"

awesome.

2. khal drogo going irate over the attempt on dany's life

3. viserys' "crowning"
    they really portrayed this scene just as i imagined. and viserys' smile when he thinks he's getting what he always wanted actually made me feel for the guy, just like in the book.

4. sandor v gregor and the cutting of his horse's head
    i especially loved how sandor ducks gregor's swing by bowing to the king

5. littlefinger and varys' argument

6. arya's first "dancing" lesson
    i just really loved the actor who played syrior

7. tyrion's confession

8. cersei and robert's conversation

9. jaime v eddard

10. tyrion slapping joffrey.
    nothing could be more satisfying. well, almost.

i love this show. i don't really remember what they've changed from the books and what they haven't, but either way it's worked great, even if the books did everything better. i have enjoyed the added scenes however, i thought they did a solid job with them and that they fit perfectly with the tone of the series.

3. Ornery Wyvern

Ornery Wyvern 50% Certain

Hmmm, my favorite scene has not been mentioned!

Jon and Sam discussing their respective virginities, for me this was a touching, well executed, funny, and revealing scene. Sam in particular is pitch perfect for me.

4. Dayne

Dayne Registered User

There are so many great scenes in this series, and most of my favourites have already been mentioned.

One I haven't seen mentioned, is when Viserys is choked by Rakharo after he threatened Daenerys. It's just great to see how Viserys reacts to being humilated like that, and his expression when Jorah refuses to obey his command.:D

I really like Rakharo, and I like his interactions with Irri, in the two scenes where they talk to each other.

5. Luya Sevrein

Luya Sevrein Humble Grifter

Yeah, I like that they are fleshing him out. His scene with Jorah was quite nice, too.

6. Kazz Wylde

Kazz Wylde Rogue Warrior

Yeah y'all nailed most the best ones, I really like the Drogo scenes, Viserys crown, and when hes getting all wound up in front of his horde. Jason Momoa nailed Drogo.

7. SisterChristian

SisterChristian Registered User

Well, I'm reviving this discussion, because there are a lot of good scenes in season 3. My favourite scenes so far are:

- All the Jaime & Brienne's Road Movie scenes

- Pretty much every scene with the Queen of Thorns, but especially the one with Varys

8. algernoninc

algernoninc Now I'm an axolotl

good picks.

"Did you send the ravens, Sam?" that opened the season should be there, too.

9. Spears&Buckler

Spears&Buckler MJ Dusseault

I don't have a top 10 list or anything, but Jaime's scene with Brienne in the baths in the Kissed By Fire episode is a top one for me. Very well done by both of them. Even though Brienne doesn't say much, you can see a lot on her face there. And Nicolai Coster-Waldau is hitting it out of the park this season.

10. chris777

chris777 Registered User

There are a lot of good scenes. But a truly great scene doesn't happen very often, and it shouldn't. But the great scenes so far, IMO.

Little Finger and Varys' chat. The dramatized one.

When Dany buys the slaves, speaks his language, then commands her black to spit fire.

When Khal Drogo decides to attack Westeros after they tried to assassinate Dany.

I'm sure there are more that I am forgetting, but these stand out to me. The rest that you all mentioned are very good scenes, but these were amazing imo.

11. Gene Bathurst

Gene Bathurst Registered User

So many to choose from.

1) The scene that hooked me on the series: Catelyn Stark and Tyrion at the Inn. She rallies allies to her side while Tyrion stand perplexed, then drops the hammer on him. Wow!

2) Ned Stark is beheaded. No one is safe. Well. Almost.

3) Cersei and Littlefinger: He declares that information is power, so she decides to have her guards teach him a dramatic lesson: 'Kill him.'

4) Danny takes charge of her Unsullied and has the masters slaughtered.

5) Introduction of Tywin. He gives a great lecture while cutting up a deer (think it's a deer). It's such a great introduction to his ruthless character.

6) Varys and Littlefinger in the throne room discussing chaos and order. 'It's a ladder.'

7) Sam gets lost and the Wraith army approaches, then ignores him.

8) The Nights Watch at Crastor's Keep, when they set upon themselves and kill Commander Mormont. Even so he almost strangles the little bugger who stabbed him.

9) The beach scene where Stannis sets fire to his family friends for the sin of heresy.

Hmm. They're mostly the shocking and brutal scenes...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014