What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by milamber_reborn, Jul 18, 2003.

1. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

I saw LOTR: Conquest and was hoping it would be a LOTR version of Star Wars: Battlefront but by all indications it failed miserably. Currently playing GTA IV through again to prepare me for the new stories coming out next week, I'll have about three days to play it before work takes me to Brighton for a week and I want to make the most of them. It's easier than I remember but so good looking and fun.

2. Solaar

Solaar The Good

I finished Batman: AA and yesterday I just got platinum on Burnout Paradise. Gonna try and finish off Dead Space, but I've got a stack of games I'm trying to get thru.

Has anyone picked up the new Borderlands game. I think it's looking very, very good...

Solaar
    might buy it today

3. Solaar

Solaar The Good

Sequels out next year, Kater :) I loved the game, one of the first I played on the PS3.

Solaar
    enjoyed the sofa part!

4. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

That's good news, I thought with it being a relatively old title that there wouldn't be another after such a period of time. How long did it take you to clock Batman Sol?

5. Solaar

Solaar The Good

About 4 days? But that's because I enjoyed it so much!! There were a couple of 2am bedtimes chucked in there as well :) I only have sundays off at work so I bought it on a friday and played as much as I could between kids and work, then hammered it on my day off!

Considering giving it another run thru on a slightly harder setting, and just wondering if I should then do it a 3rd time just to bag the trophies...

Borderlands is fantastic though, and has sucked me in so much I'm playing it more than I did Batman!! It's very, very addictive...

Solaar
    very tired...

6. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Might pick that up come pay day then, thanks mate. I did get the new GTA IV Episodes today and played a few hours of the Lost and Damned. I really can't get enough of this game, I know fans have complained about the lack of sandbox carnage, inability to buy houses etc but I think the tone is bang on. The missions are varied, it's all a bit easy but I don't mind that too much and bikers (watching Sons of Anarchy atm so really coincided well :D)

7. SLASH

SLASH Registered User

Started playing Fahrenheit again
    Amazing game !

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

Puzzle Quest
    GTA: San Andreas (regretting this purchase a little)
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition - Director's Cut.
    Mass Effect (again!)

But, I'm quite apathetic about all of them at the moment. Half considering picking one of my D&D games back up :)

9. SLASH

SLASH Registered User

Do u like it ?
    I enjoyed it a lot, great game

10. NickeeCoco

NickeeCoco Reader Staff Member

I picked up my pre-ordered collector's edition of Dragon Age: Origins today. I only got about an hour and half of gameplay in before I had to go to work, but I'm really enjoying it so far. If you liked the Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights games, you'll like this one. The combat system reminds me a lot of Guild Wars. Y'know, automatic attacks once you give them a target and then you choose which "talents" they use, which have a cooling down time.

I do wish there were more classes, though. There's only three, but at level 7 you can specialize and there's about four or five specializations for each class.

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

The Witcher? I had the normal edition not long after it first came out, but I must have sold it. To be honest, I really can't be bothered with it! Ignoring that I've done upto... I remember being in the city (at least), it just doesn't hold my attention, and the camera is doing my tree in.

Oh, don't forget the poor voice acting. Think I'm gonna have to force myself to play it.

12. SLASH

SLASH Registered User

yeah I was talking bout The Witcher :)

13. Jop

Jop The Wandering Eye

I am presently picking away at a few games for the PS3:

I'm about 50% through Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
    I'm replaying Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
    I've finished Fallout 3, but didn't save the ending as I hadn't really finished it, so I'm still coasting around in the Wasteland (its one of my favorite games).
    I'm about half-way through InFamous
    And I'm poking my way through Oblivion - same issue as Fallout...I played it too much at once and became bored with it :rolleyes:

That's enought to keep me occupied for a bit.

14. NickeeCoco

Oh man. I'm just about to fight the final boss in Dragon Age. This game is fantastic. In true Bioware fashion, DA:O is an RPG whirlwind. I can't wait to play it again as a different type of character and get a whole new experience of it. This game is going to win awards. No doubt.

EDIT: Well, I just beat it. Have to admit, it took me a couple of tries. I found that if I really made use of the ballistas, I was gold.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  15. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Completed the Lost and Damned part of the new GTA IV Episodes and really dug it. It took me better than 10 hours to clock it, which is normally the length of a full game not half of a cheaper game. I think the challenge level is still off though, I found myself breezing through missions and although the second part has started slightly harder I think they could do with ramping it up some.

16. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Completed GTA IV Episodes, slightly disappointed with the Ballad of Gay Tony, too much talking and repetitive missions. Doesn't take away from the value of the game though, easily 15-20 hours for almost half the price of a normal game. I've broken down and bought the new Call of Duty plus Batman: Arkham Asylum :)

17. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

I'm hoping I get paid enough to go and buy DAO tomorrow.

If not, I think I'll still play Mass Effect :D

18. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

The new COD is hard!! Even on regular I've found myself dying a lot, there have been some fantastic and fantastical missions, some real WOW moments but also a few very annoying issues that sent me into computer rage (luckily I play sitting on my bed so the controller normally lands safely after bouncing :))

19. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

I'm waiting for Dragon Age: Origins to finish downloading :(

20. NickeeCoco

The game is awesome. Enjoy.