What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by milamber_reborn, Jul 18, 2003.

1. Daddy Darth

Daddy Darth Boba Fett Lives

I have been having a lot of fun with Zelda:Skyward Sword. My kids are obsessed with watching me play it (much to their mother's chagrin). And I gotta say more than once they have spotted the thing I was looking for or suggested doing the thing I needed to do to move on. The game takes so much of everything in the past that I loved and just made it better. I was skeptical of the sword controller but I'm a super fan now, it is smooth and wicked when attacking baddies. Even more fun with the black Wii remote i just got for my birthday, very darth vadery - ahh life is good.

Cheers all - I could go on but . . .

2. Gkarlives

Gkarlives Mystic and Misfit

Skyrim

Getting the hang of Smithing, Enchanting, and Alchemy. I never bothered with Alchemy before because it seemed pretty complicated but I decided to try things after working with the smithing. I'm starting to make and sell items and to improve items I find and can't wait to get the smithing perk for enchanted items. Enchanting is fun when you can make a great piece. I got so frustrated trying to find a weapon with what I wanted in Oblivion and Morrowind.:cool:

3. jimmysood

jimmysood New Member

Currently i am playing Need For Speed The Run and Diablo 3......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2012
  4. phil_geo

phil_geo Rat Thing

Yeah I got my enchanting to 100 a couple of days ago and now I can put 2 enchants on each item. I also got the fortify archery enchant around the same time and I am ridiculously overpowered now. Nothing reaches me when I use my bow anymore. I might actually increase the difficulty beyond Adept because it's kind of silly.

5. saintjon

saintjon Illustrious Gambler

how are you playing diablo 3 are you a tester or something?

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

'twas naught but a bot.

7. saintjon

In honour of my new Mass Effect addiction I move we call them Geth from now on. Damn AI villains.

8. Solaar

Solaar The Good

Been playing Skyrim for the last few days, and I really mean giving it a good go... and I'm still unimpressed. I can see the appeal, but I honestly think that having so much going on in my life is distracting me from a game that I know will absorb all of my attention!

I might give it a few more days...

Solaar
    not quite buying it

9. NickeeCoco

NickeeCoco Reader Staff Member

Alchemy is how you make the moolah. IT's different in Skyrim, but in Oblivion, if you got a master skill in alchemy you could make potions using just 1 ingredient. That and buy the house in Skingraad where the housekeeper constantly gives you pie (food items in Oblivion and Morrowind were available for potion use). . . Well, you can see where this is going.

10. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

In Skyrim, a good way to make money is just to loot hide/fur armour (not the gloves or boots) and scaled armour/helmets. They weigh little and are worth a fair amount - more so than heavy armour, at any rate. Most weapons are poor in the weight:gold stakes, too.

Kinda daft how bad the currency balance is, actually.

11. saintjon

The multiplayer demo for Mass Effect 3 is really fun! I'm like the worst vanguard though.

12. David Mandrake

David Mandrake Registered User

World of Warcraft, damn my eyes. World of Warcraft, as always, with 'breaks' for Puzzle Quest, Fall from Heaven 2, and GTA San Andreas.

13. cule

cule Registered User

I've been catching up on the 2011 indies, Gemini Rue, To The Moon, UnEpic and Stealth Bastard. Loved all of them, and I think everyone should give them a shot. Dungeons of Dredmor is still my favourite of last years bunch, though I have quite a few more to play.

I've also played a bit of Crusader Kings 2 and watching Guild Wars 2 vids. I can't remember any MMO getting this amount of hype and from what I've seen so far it looks like it deserves every last bit of it. Hoping against hope I get into the beta.:eek:

14. NickeeCoco

Still happily playing SWTOR. I'm having a lot of fun with that game. Skyrim has gone to the back burner.

15. WilliamElse

WilliamElse Registered User

I've hardly played anything but Mount and Blade: Warband for ages. Two-hundred-player multiplayer sieges... :)

16. Solaar

Solaar The Good

I've been hitting the SSX demo pretty hard. It's a lot of fun, and I've been looking forward to the game coming out for years!

Skyrim just didn't hold my attention at all. I played it solidly for a couple of weeks but ended up back on MW3

Solaar
    back to what he knows

17. Quimby

Quimby yep

Playing Mass Effect 2 for the first time. All the commercials for me3 coming out prompted it and the $20 price clinched it for me. I know I am late to the party, but the game is fantastic. I have a PS3 so i didn't get the first mass effect, but they do an interactive recap where you can make decisions to give you the story so far. I currently have recruited 3 member not including the two cerebus officers. Working on getting everyone loyal. I am curious if the cerebus officers (miranda and jacob i believe) can be made loyal? Anyway, love everything about this game so far.

18. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

Every squad mate that you can recruit can be made loyal.

19. saintjon

Yeah it's worth some effort befriending them all too, sooner rather than later. Expect to hear a lot about calibrations in the process.

20. NickeeCoco

Off to get my CE copy of ME 3. That's what I'll be playing for a while. Woot!

LATER EDIT:

So the graphics in this game are pretty amazing. If you have the Kinect, the voice commands are pretty damn awesome, too. They streamline the game play. Want to switch to a submachine gun? All I have to do is say "Submachine gun" and there it is. No RB to press and go through the menu. I just have to say it. Squadmate stealing my cover? Just gotta tell 'em to move. This is great. I'll be honest, I never expected gaming devices to get this far in my life time. It makes things like holodecks almost seem like a possibility.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012