What are you playing?

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by milamber_reborn, Jul 18, 2003.

1. phil_geo

phil_geo Rat Thing

Grokl, have you played different classes? I'm playing a witch doctor on Normal and I am shocked at how easy the game is. The only boss I have had any trouble killing was the Butcher (died once). He's the last boss I have reached. Plus I just bid on a new weapon at the auction house that will double my damage output.

Are other classes harder to play?

2. Grokl

Grokl Registered User

Blizzard has this concept that you are supposed to learn how to play while you play, so act1 or perhaps even the whole normal difficulty is sorta a tutorial.

My first death where I did not feel I died to my own stupidity or overconfidence was to a blue pack of monsters in act2 on nightmare difficulty.

Don't worry even with good gear the game will become more challenging later.

I have played monk mostly, but from what I read on forums the classes are pretty well balanced.

3. Solaar

Solaar The Good

Tell me more about Starhawk... I keep looking at it but can't bring myself to buy it. Is it the Skyhawk sequel?

Solaar
    debating

4. saintjon

saintjon Illustrious Gambler

I dunno, every time I think of Diablo III it just seems like too much of a clone of part 2, not enough difference. I got incredibly bored with D2 by the end so I'm not sure if I want to sign up for more if the game is basically polished up rehash.

5. Rob B

Rob B \m/ BEER \m/ Staff Member

I've been playing Enslaved: Odyssey to the West over the past few days. Fun game showcasing voice and motion-capture talents of Andy Serkis.

6. fluffy bunny

fluffy bunny Tasty or your money back! Staff Member

Is anyone else playing tribes ascend at the mo? Not had a decent online shooter come my way for ages

7. MattNY

MattNY Registered User

Agreed. One of my favorite gaming experiences this gen.

8. Daddy Darth

Daddy Darth Boba Fett Lives

Just finished a replay of ICO yesterday with my daughter - we take turns playing. I forgot what an amazing and moving game this was. It is so simple in so many ways with an easy boss fight at the end, but it is not a game about button mashing it's about a journey and it was an awesome one. Next up for us is Shadow of the Collosus which I do remember is friggin amazing, possibly one of the best games ever made and now I hear they are making a movie about it. Hmmmm!

Meanwhile I am rampaging over the gods of olympus with God of War. I flinch a little with some of the brutality in this game. There is face mashing, legs getting cut off etc etc. Just trashed Herculese. Shant be letting my kids see this one.

9. cule

cule Registered User

Just thought I should mention that the current Humble Indie Bundle includes Amnesia, Limbo, Psychonauts and Sword&Sworcery + Bastion if you go over the average (currently ~7$). There's no reason not to buy this.

10. phil_geo

phil_geo Rat Thing

I'm not familiar with that - are those bundles for PC? Where do you get 'em?

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

PC, yes.

And you have to get them from the Humble Indie Bundle site, pay in US Dollars and I think pay via PayPal.

I'm not bothering, considering I have the two that I want from it already.

12. cule

cule Registered User

And right now you've also got the IndieRoyale bundle, the Indie Gala bundle, the Bundle in a Box and the Game music bundle. The Bundle in a box is amazing and worth it just for Gemini Rue. IndieGala is pretty horrible though, but I still got it because of Ninja Blade :/

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  13. Edward M. Grant

Edward M. Grant Registered User

Installed Guild Wars 2 last night, waiting for the Beta Weekend next week to try it out...

14. Westsiyeed

Westsiyeed The Fifth Dominion

Max Payne 3 - bullet time is still loads of fun.

15. ShandaLear

ShandaLear Writer, Artist, Beeyotch

Watching older Dexter reruns. My hubbie was out of the country for 2 weeks and I was not allowed to watch GOT until he came back. Can't wait til Monday, we're spending the day with all the stuff I DVRd for him, snuggling and snacking.

16. Edward M. Grant

Edward M. Grant Registered User

BTW, Guild Wars 2 was quite fun, but it still needs a fair amount of work before it's ready to release. I didn't get to play it much as I have to study at the moment.

17. saintjon

I tried some Savage 2 game which had a lot of potential but we couldn't stick with it long because the community were dicks.

I played some Mass Effect 3 multiplayer on the weekend to check out some of the new content, take part in a weekend event and get my galactic readiness back up some for when the extended endings come out this week. My krogan is an unstoppable force of nature. Krogan sentinel with max tech armour and max rage is so brutal it isn't even funny. I took on a Brute one on one on Silver difficulty and beat the crap out of him with melee attacks. Isane!

18. saintjon

ArmA 2 DayZ mod. Holy crap, what a demanding but rewarding experience that thing is.

19. Mr. Aware Eagle

Mr. Aware Eagle Registered User

I just started playing Chrono Trigger (DS remake). I'm loving it so far!

20. PeterWilliam

PeterWilliam Omnibus Prime

Infinity Blade, on the iPhone 4S. Nice mix of combat/fighting and RPG.