What pets do you have?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cheese, Jan 31, 2006.

1. cheese

cheese Registered User

Well im just wondering what pets everybody around here has..I love animals and love knowing what pets people have. I used to have two turtles, a rabbit, and a cat when I was younger. My cat's name was buddy..A very misleading name :D ..It was probably the most vicious creature ever. My rabbit was named Murray and he was a good pet..Now I have a pug Mugsly (named after the basketball player mugsly boques (spelling)), and am getting a pet leopard gecko in about a week.

2. Monty Mike

Monty Mike Journalist

Leopard Gecko, eh? Nice :)

I myself have a miniature daschund (small sausage dog). We used to have two, but ended up letting go of one after a few years. I was only 12 at the time and got really upset. The one we still have is really friendly and called Hapi. We got him when he was under a year old and now he's around 8. The other was one called Zuki (pronounced Zookie), and even after 5 years I still miss him :(

In the past I've also had Fish and Rabbits. There's nothing like a good dog, though :D

3. cheese

cheese Registered User

Yeah it took me about a month to convince my parents that Leopard Geckos are harmless (my mom is deathly afraid of reptiles)..First I was asking for a Bearded Dragon, that didn't work out. Then a Water Dragon (also didn't work out) and now I have downsized it to a Leopard Gecko :)

4. Bridie

Bridie Something witty!

ive always wanted a reptile but never managed to convince my mum that id look after it and that it wouldnt hurt her :p . i got a cat instead. hes called Ronaldo(or naldo for short) after the brazillian football player( :eek: my brother got to name him :(). Hes a black and white mog and sometimes i wonder wether hes blind, stupid or both! :D he's lovely but can be vicious my hands have the scars to prove it.

5. Miriamele

Miriamele Witch of the Woods

I have a 12-year old black and white cat named Max, who is very affectionate but almost as noisy as a dog. (When he wants something, he meows very loudly until he gets it.)

I used to have an aquatic turtle named Doc, but we had to give her away because she really needed a bigger tank and the the upkeep was already too expensive for us. She was really quite an adorable turtle but now that I know how much work and money it is to properly care for one, I wouldn't get another.

6. Archren

Archren BookWyrm

I've got a 14 year old big black cat named Godzilla, and a big mutt of a dog (probably American Staffordshire Terrier mixed with Dalmatian) with floppy ears & and eye patch named Dodger. They keep us pretty busy.

7. FicusFan

FicusFan Anitaverse Refugee

I have 2 housecats. A 16 year old male sealpoint siamese, who is very smart, and vocal, and thinks he owns the bed, his name is Izmir or Izzy, and a six year old female sealpoint himalayan who is very skittish, and her name is Keiko.

I have always had pets. Always housecats. And the following assortment in no particular order: tropical fish, salt-water fish, turtles, hamsters, 1 rabbit (never again - did I mention he was male, you had to keep moving if he was anywhere near), a Scarlet Macaw, (male) named Sebastian, and a Molluccan Cockatoo, (female) named Jezzabell.

8. Nimea

Nimea Leisure time optimizer

I have none at the moment which is kind of depressing. That's why I very much like to visit my parents: two black labradors - Kira and Xena. (hehe)

When I grew up we also had a rabbit, more than one cavy, a few fish, a cat (that died about two years ago, she was 20 years old) and a dog - only black labradors, my mom's favourite. We even had puppies twice.

One day I will have my own dog: an English Bulldog. :D

9. Rocket Sheep

Rocket Sheep I AM too a mod! Staff Member

Enough bettas to keep three petshops in the betta business... a dog (Jack Russell)... two chickens, a dozen goldfish in a pond... and a partridge in a pear tree... but don't worry, the dog will chase that away. :D

10. Holbrook

Holbrook Edited for submission

We don't have any, but at the moment we are playing host to the daughter's two hamsters, as she has just gone back into Halls at Uni and can't have them with her.

Just spent an hour cleaning out the two "rats"

11. FicusFan

Whats a Cavy ? :confused:

12. magze

magze Registered User

16 year old little mongrel dog called Frank

13. Nimea

A guinea pig.

14. Smithy

Smithy Registered User

I've had several fish and box turtles, but not any right now. I used to have rabbits but between dying, escaping and giving them way, I don't have anymore.

Currently, I have the love of my life, a beautiful red greyhound. His hobbies include reducing the squirrel population (he's gotten four), tearing around the yard at 40 miles an hour, and sleeping more than a cat!

15. cheese

cheese Registered User

I am getting my Gecko in two days..I have all the equipment ready for when I get it. I just have to think of a good name now..Any help?..lol.

16. Rocket Sheep

Rocket Sheep I AM too a mod! Staff Member

Geoffrey. :D

Actually I wrote a story with a goanna called "Gazza" as one of the main characters (that's Gary in Austraylyan for all you English speakers). Equally great names for geckos, Gazza, Gary, Geoffrey.

You can read it here if you like... Failed First Contact Attempt

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  17. ArthurFrayn

ArthurFrayn the puppet master

18. cheese

cheese Registered User

Hmm..Thats not bad :rolleyes: ..

19. FicusFan

So is that its name or a nickname, or is that what they are called in German ?

20. Nimea

Ha, you really don't want to know the names - we were not very creative in naming them. ;)

Okay, cavy is one of the words for Meerschweinchen (that's the German word) that I was taught. More I do not know. :eek: