Where do you go?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBF1V3, Apr 24, 2005.

1. MrBF1V3

MrBF1V3 aka. Stephen B5 Jones

I'm just being nosey. I realized I have fallen into a specific pattern when I click into sffworld.

I go to the Writing forum, then to General Discussion, then I go to Stories/Poems. Sometimes I visit TV & Film or Science Fiction or some of the others, though very rarely.

So. When you log on, where do you go?

B5

2. Leiali

Leiali Registered User

I start with general discussion then tv and film, then I visit the author threads that I write in, then I surf a bit through the sci fi and general fiction parts before I go to Fantasy books....Most of the time anyway! I tend to look everywhere except the writing bit because I don't write and I feel like I am intruding. I think I've only looked there once and never written in a thread.

3. Monty Mike

Monty Mike Journalist

thinking about it now, I always go from Games to General Discussion to TV & Film to Fantasy to Sci-Fi. Pretty much everytime..... :confused:

4. tooeviltoknow

tooeviltoknow I walk this path alone

First I go to the User CP to see if I got any replies, then to the writing thread, after that it's the stories/poems, just to see if anyone posted any new stories. Last, I would go to the funzone.

5. kegasaurus

kegasaurus I smell BBQ

You guys wanna try going to the seventh layer of hell, take a sniff of Lucifer's neck... You don't have moderator's privileges?

6. magze

magze Registered User

Fantasy, then general discussion, tv and film, and browse the others now and again never been to fun zone.

7. Solaar

Solaar The Good

I check my subscribed threads then to new posts.

Solaar
    the systematic

8. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

I go to my new private messages, then the seventh level of hell ... I mean the staff section :D onward to the Games section followed by GD. Next comes Film+Tv, Writing and a few of the Author's own section.

9. Eldanuumea

Eldanuumea Mod Lady

PM box first, then staff forum, general discussion, and Funzone. After that if stioll have surf time I look into Fantasy, Horror, and movie/tv stuff.

10. MrBF1V3

I can't imagine anywhere you would not be welcome. Considering how many threads in the writing section are asking for critiques, a reader would be great.

Some of you have to check your PMs? Mine opens a window in front of my face and doesn't go away until I deal with it. On the other hand, I didn't include checking PMs on my list because I don't get one every day. (This is not a request BTW)

Thanks for the answers, very interesting. (Also thanks in advance for the next answers).
    B5

11. FicusFan

FicusFan Anitaverse Refugee

I always get emails saying if I have any new messages, or if I have any and I don't answer that email first it pops up in my face as soon as I get onto the SFFWorld.

I get email notification of all the threads I am subscribed to, and I answer them first - with the PM ones the first of the first. Then I go to Fantasy, if there are any new messages I go to the Book Group, I don't really go into the Author's forum other than GRRM and Terry Pratchett - if there are new messages. Then SF and if there are any new messages on to the Book Group. If there is anything in Horror that looks interesting I will stop in then on to General Fiction. I only occasionally wander into the 'official author forums'. Then into General Discussion, then Film & TV, then I look to see if there is anything new in Feedback. Pretty much in the order they are listed from top to bottom. :)

I only go into the FunZone if I have a message, I have looked at Art once, Writing once, and have never been to Games or Comics or Collaborative Stories.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2005
  12. Zanzibar

Zanzibar Registered User

Now I start with my blog, then those of other's (posting comments and whatnot). Jump to my user CP, respond to anything that I feel like. Forums up next, where I answer any PM's I have before simply wandering, looking for things to gripe about. I also visit the community and games sections whenever the mood should strike me. Every so often I'll sneak over to the art section and pine about how I can't draw nearly as well as anyone in there :( .

13. Dawnstorm

Dawnstorm Master Obfuscator

I use Mozilla Firebird and tabbed browsing; that means, I'll download all the pages I intend to read and then I go offline to do the actual reading, if - after the reading - there's still time left I'll post replies.

Depending on how much online time I have it goes something like this:

1. Writing
    2. Authors Forums
    3. General Discussion
    4. Funzone (with priority on the Role Play threads)

Extended will include:

SF, F, and General Fiction

Rarely (if I've got lots of time, or there's little new):

Films & TV, Games

[These days, I look at a lot fewer critique threads in the writing section than I used to. It takes up too much time, and with me it's either thoroughly or not at all. Same goes for the Collab Story Forum. Pity :( ]

14. northerain

northerain New Member

I click on ''quick links'' and then new posts :D

15. Priestvyrce

Priestvyrce Registered as What?

I go to the forums page and hit the New Posts button.

16. butterfly

butterfly Book-addict

Fantasy, authors, writing and general discussion. I have snuck into art, never been near the games section and if I have loads of time then F&tv.
    Of course this list goes out the window if I haven't been here in a while then its new posts. :D

17. tooeviltoknow

tooeviltoknow I walk this path alone

Just wondering, what does it takes to become a moderator here?

18. kater

kater Filthy Assistants!

Ah I see one who seeks enlightenment. First on your list of tasks is to hunt down the creature known as Ogg, wash his feet and cut his toe nails. When you have achieved this you will be ready for the next stage in the initiation :D

19. MrBF1V3

If you become a moderator you can't make fun of them behind their backs anymore.

B5

ahem ... at least that what I've heard.

20. kahnovitch

kahnovitch Kiss my axe!

Not true.

Plus, you get to make fun of them to their face in the staff room.

Be warned though, some of them don't have a sense of humour. :p