Where to read digital comics?

Discussion in 'Other Media (TV/Film, Comics & Games)' started by Nebster173, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

I've been reading comics using comixology. So far I've read the amazing spider-man vol 1 but the last issue there is #25. When do they release the next? And where else can I read the rest? Are they available elsewhere digitally? If not, then how do I continue? Thanks in advance.

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

Comixology is adding new titles and issues each week, and a lot of classic series are slowly coming on to that platform.

The only other way I can think of is to see if they are available in print - either single issues or in collected editions, and I think The Amazing Spider-Man (if we're thinking of the same series) is collected into trade collections (The Essential Spider-Man ones) that should still be in print.

3. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

What's the best place to order them from? I haven't found everything new from amazon. So should I order from Amazon or are there any better places?

4. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

What do you mean by "better"?

5. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

I don't know... Cheaper? Of better quality if they're only available used? Would you recommend any other place over amazon to order them from?

6. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

You could always check The Book Depository or your local comic shop, but it depends where you live really.

7. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

I live in the middle east (Kuwait), there aren't any stores that sell them that I know of around here. So should I get them from amazon? Again, thank you very much, man. You've been really helpful.

8. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

The Book Depository has free near-worldwide shipping, but they don't sell used. So possibly there or Amazon are your best bets. Or eBay.

9. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

I'm going to look for them in those places. Again, thanks for your help. I wouldn't have continued the series otherwise. :)

10. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

Hey again. I learned that essentials are only black and white so I decided to get masterworks instead. I found most of what I was looking for on amazon except the amazing Spider-Man vol 4 (masterworks). I did find it on Amazon but it was much more expensive than the rest. Any idea why? I also looked in the book depository but it wasn't even available there? Why would that be? What's so special about vol 4?

11. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Staff

You're asking on a site more about novels than comics. If you want proper answers and help, you're really best going elsewhere - Comic Book Resources, Comic Vine, etc. You might get a better answer there.

12. Nebster173

Nebster173 New Member

Oh, okay. Thanks again anyway. I'll ask my question on these sites.