Wise Mans Fear March 1st [SPOILERS!!]

Discussion in 'Fantasy / Horror' started by teahupoo, Jan 12, 2011.

1. 57special

57special Registered User

good point. The patron is probably one of the Seven too, I think.
    Would be kind of strange if they beat one another!

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Registered User

King Killer Chronicles: Book 2

I am sure I am probably literally the only one who waited the massive amount of time necessary for a price drop, but it finally happened. With the advent of a paperback, the Kindle price dropped to $9.99.

Woot, $5 saved, and it only took me approximately 365 days to save that.

3. Twinner

Twinner Registered User

I wish I had only paid 9.99 for WMF.

On the other hand, NotW was one I enjoyed so much that it ended up being worth more than I paid for it. So, I figure I am about even now. :)

4. Kazz Wylde

Kazz Wylde Rogue Warrior

Only 19 bucks at B&N for the TPB. :eek:

5. Paul the Human

Paul the Human New Member

A friend of mine is lending me his hardcover copy. I, too, was waiting for the nook price to drop, but I can't pass up reading the hardcover!

6. Kazz Wylde

Kazz Wylde Rogue Warrior

Wish I could afford it, started reading the beginning of it up at B&N today.

7. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Registered User

I enjoyed the book a lot more than I thought I would from all the negativity. I thought the drop of to this book was much less than the drop of in GRRM's books to books 4 and 5.

Yes, the segment that everyone points to is surprisingly incoherent and weak, but I thought the rest of the book was basically of the same quality as book 1. Its not like book 1 had this incredible plot or incredible action, what it mostly had was very good writing with a merely good story, a merely modest dose of action, and a likeable protagonist. None of that has changed for me (well, ok, maybe I'm getting a tad sick of the romance..."clueless romance" does get a bit thin after a while and I dont know that it works well as a core foundation for a series). Still, I really enjoyed it, and am sorry I waited so long.

8. TooNice

TooNice Banned

honestly I liked the Felurian chapter

9. Danogzilla

Danogzilla Couch Commander

I thought WMF was surprisingly consistent in tone and quality with NoTW. There were a couple sections in the second half that dragged a bit, but when I was done I was still looking for more.

10. walkabout

walkabout New Member

here is my theory,
    I bet master Ash is cinder as well but on my second reading of TWMF I noticed this passage from Shehyn: "But at this time they were themselves, the women and men fair and strong. They sang songs of power and fought as well as Ademre do."
    what caught my attention was this she spoke of the people who sang and fought at the same time, they fought as well as the Ademre and sang. this tells me two things Kvothe will have to learn to fight and sing while he fights the the chandrian. This looks to be his best option to killing cinder. This also says songs have power as well as names, something to think about!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2012
  11. walkabout

walkabout New Member

My theroy,
    while re-reading the TWMF I noticed a somthing said by Shehyn "Once there was a great realm peopled by great people. They were not Ademre. They were what Ademre was before we became ourselves.
    "But at this time they were themselves, the women and men fair and strong. They sang songs of power and fought as well as Ademre do."
    this tells us two things Songs Have power like names, thus why Kvothe's family was all killed off.
    Second this also says that Kvothe will have to learn how to sing with power and and fight to kill the chandrian / Cinder-
    tell me what you think!