Pages : [1] 2

polgara
June 19th, 2001, 06:02 AM
I love writing and would like to know if this basicidea is good or bad

Two Demons(female,sisters)
they choose two warriors from any time from britains past

so they choose King Arther and Jack the ripper

Arther does not Know he is fighting for the Evil Demon

the Evil demon slowly falls in love with Arther and offers him eternal life which he excepts and jack the ripper is also given this and they go to where the demons actually live and they have to adapt to future life

Don't have and ending any help would be gratefully recived!

Pol
xxx

Bardos
June 19th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Hm...
Good, I'd say. But, also, depends on the way you're planning to write it...

wastra
June 19th, 2001, 09:07 AM
I'd also spell Arther correctly..."Arthur"...

just kidding. It all depends on how well it is written. All (or most) ideas sound fine, it's the writing that matters.

wastra
June 20th, 2001, 10:15 AM
That is, of course, unless you are purposefully spellin hte name differently...

in that case, nevermind. http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif

bookfreak13
June 20th, 2001, 03:45 PM
I would like more detail, brackround and the like. WHy are the two demons doing this? is it part of soime intergalactic game of sorts, or are they just doing it for fun? One interesting part is King Arthur fighting for the evil demon, seeing how he is usually considered one of the "good guys" in fantasy. The ending is a little lacking, like you said.
One interesting way to write it would be from King Arthur/Jack the Ripper's point of view. You would have to read up on them, which you probably already have, and get into their heads. Jack the Ripper was insane, with an obvious hatred of women, so how would he feel being controlled by a female demon. Possibly have him try to rebel/kill her. King Arthur would be willing to stand up for his beliefs, and try to do what is right. Again, interesting with who is controlling him.

wastra
June 27th, 2001, 07:57 AM
My only other concern is that Jack the Ripper wasn't a warrior- he was a sadistic individual who had sex with, them brutally murdered prostitutes in London. He was never caught, and any ideas as to his identity are speculation (there are theories).

Perhaps someone like William the Conqueror would be better- Arthur stood against Saxon invaders, defending England frm foreign hordes. William the Conqueror (previously known as william the Bastard) is the epitomy of foreign conqueror, thus the antithesis of King Arthur in English history. He was cruel, militaristic, and entirely un-English.

An interesting dynamic could arise- the God appointed King (Arthur) who was born a bastard and saved England vs. the self-appointed king, also born a bastard but annointed by the Pope as rightful heir- he destroyed England as it was, but rebuilt it in a new mold that allowed it to stand up as one of the major powers of Europe.

Different, yet very similar.

Bardos
June 27th, 2001, 08:33 AM
Polgara, are you still there?...
Any opinions?

polgara
June 28th, 2001, 03:06 AM
Yes the of using will is a good one

Barbarossa
June 28th, 2001, 05:04 AM
Well I would like to know more about the mode of the duell. The biggest problem I see is why would the supposedly good side use someone like Jack the ripper, even if he were a warrior, since he would certainly use methods the "good" side couldn't accept.

polgara
June 28th, 2001, 06:01 AM
Now you have made me see the problems

i will just let you read the opening bit=

Wind whipped through their hair as their champions took their last dieing breaths.
"Let us go from this place"pleaded Kyra
"This is not over sister dear,I will take what is mine" snarled Tyra
"what is yours! sister" smiled Kyra

Tell me what you think?

Pol