View Full Version : Area 51 Competition

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

kater
March 23rd, 2005, 01:05 PM
As promised we have just started a competition for three people to win copies of Midway's Area 51 game on release - a month away. The news item is here for those interested; http://www.sffworld.com/news/100.html

BlackCauldron
March 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Very cool. I've been looking forward to this game since I first played the demo. I already pre-ordered (yeah Midway Arcade Treasures 2!) but best of luck to all trying to win the game.

Monty Mike
March 25th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Nice :D

*thinks about what game to review*

I think I'll do Everquest II :D

Merancapeman
March 28th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Oh Monty, it's me and you again, ain't it? I wish I could write a review for that game. I don't have it, but I'd like to play it. Is there a limit to words, you think?

kater
March 28th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Merancapeman - you didn't get a copy of EQ2?

Erfael
March 28th, 2005, 05:27 PM
So maybe it's elsewhere and I just didn't see it. Is it a "best reviews" kind of thing or a "drawing from all reviews writting in that time period" kind of thing? Thinking of participating, and just wondering what the ground rules were.

Merancapeman
March 29th, 2005, 07:48 AM
Yeah, another question I have is whether or not it depends on how many reviews you write. Is it illegal or something, lol. Do they find all the ones you've written? Is it "the more you write, the better your chances" or do you ask them to look at one particular one? I have one in mind if you need a specification. And Kater, I did get Everquest 2, but I couldn't afford it. I had looked it up before I recieved it and thought it might either have a single player or be cheap. I was wrong on both accounts, and I was extremely devastated. At least I've got a nice cap, you know? :(

That's why I'm trying out for this one. I know I don't need internet, and if I find out it's too much for my computer to handle then I will get one for the PS2. As simple as that.

kater
March 29th, 2005, 10:16 AM
So maybe it's elsewhere and I just didn't see it. Is it a "best reviews" kind of thing or a "drawing from all reviews writting in that time period" kind of thing? Thinking of participating, and just wondering what the ground rules were.

We simply chose the three best written reviews. Obviousy if you submit more than one (Yes you can) you have a better chance but as all the prizes are the same, except for the platform which is decided by the three winners after they win :) , then you can only win once.

Last time the person who won the top prize submitted four or five reviews that were all of a higher quality than any of the other submissions we received but of his submissions there was one standout review. This is what we look for. You may write ten reviews but none are as good as a person who only writes one. Its based on quality but we don't mind quantity. The competition was 'designed' for you to add content to the new Games Index section and be rewarded for participating outside of the forum.

Merancapeman - I'm sorry the specs were too high for your comp, thats something we should have specified in our competition news article and I iwsh you'd said sooner. That was our first Games competition and as such feedback on what did and didn't work would have been great. No-one seemed interested in the thread asking members whether they were interested in competitions or not though so we didn't know. I will alter the Area-51 news item to state the required PC specs.

Any other questions please don't hesitate to ask, we are new at this so there are bound to be mistakes.

Merancapeman
March 29th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Well, thanks Kater. I appreciate your help and kindness. It wasn't the specs, it was the internet aspect and I couldn't afford the internet fees. If anything, it is all my fault. Alright, I better get cracking. I'm sure theres some good thing I can write. I don't have much hope, but maybe....

kater
March 29th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Ah I see, I didn't realise it was Net only either - we certainly didn't expect to give away competition prizes that you had to pay for after the fact. I'll make sure it doesn't happen again and it certainly wasn't your fault, thanks for the help and sorry :(