PDA

View Full Version : Thomas covenant on film!

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

marymoonshine
March 23rd, 2005, 02:31 PM
Title says all i need to say on the matter.
Its due out in 2006, lets all hope thats its going to be good

Prunesquallor
March 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM
it doesn't say what the title of the film is, or who is in it......

Priestvyrce
March 23rd, 2005, 09:46 PM
Where did you get this information from Mary?

Eventine
March 24th, 2005, 12:26 AM
Just had a look around the internet and it looks like the guy who produced Saving Private Ryan has purchased the rights for the first 6 books. I don't think production will start until 2006 though, so it's a long way off.

I'm worried.

saintjon
March 25th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Same here, they're gonna have a bear of a time maintaining interest in the first part, with most of the conflict inside covenant's head...

Evil Agent
March 25th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Come on, if they do this right it will be SO ENTERTAINING! I'm picturing that Drool Rockworm character on the screen... how cool would that be?

My guess is that they're really gonna sacrifice a lot of Covenant's inner turmoil, it just wouldn't translate to the screen... and Hollywood is probably scared of having an unlikeable main character. I bet they go for a more visual approach to everything in the movie.

saintjon
March 25th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Man so many people get totally alienated with the whole rape thing even knowing all the crap going through his head...

I dunno man, I'll see it when it comes out but I'm worried for this attempt.

magze
March 26th, 2005, 03:01 AM
I await with bated breath.I don't know how Covenant will come across on the silver screen,a lot of the book may be lost in translation so making the film unrecognisable to fans of the books.

funky_fantasist
March 26th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Whoa - that's a worry. Just who the hell could play Covenant? How could Hollywood make him likeable - or rather, make the audience empathise with him...

Still, as I'm soooo eating my words over the terrific new Dr Who, I guess anything is possible...

Funky

Evil Agent
March 26th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Ok, I'm just thinking quickly... who could play Covenant..?

How about....Russell Crowe? no. JIM CARREY or ROBIN WILLIAMS?!? Imagine that! How about Liam Neeson? Or Harrison Ford? Hahah, all of these thoughts are strange.