View Full Version : Farscape

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

Keyoke
March 27th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Is this show any good? I've never really watched it. I'd watch it on Space Channel here in Canada, but, being on 5 days a week, and who knows where it is in the series, I dont bother.

But, I've looked at the DVD's. They are expensive, so, hence, if I am going to buy it, I wanna make sure it's worth it.

Thoughts? :)

Keyoke

Priestvyrce
March 27th, 2005, 08:58 PM
I'll say a tentative yes. Tentaive because the first season is just to set up the characters and show who they basically are; it's the second season and others that make Farscape one of the more original and satisifying scifi shows ever,IMO.

MrBF1V3
April 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM
The answer you seek is, well, depends.

Some people really like Farscape (me) some people really don't.

It is an imaginative show, unexpected things happen, and Captain Whoever doesn't show up to fix everything in the last three minutes of the show. If you like your humor dark and dry, you will like Farscape. If you like Blue or Grey women, you will like Farscape. If you like problems that get worse before they get sometimes solved, you will like Farscape.

B5

Ramz
April 3rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
bottom line. The show is jaw. Start watching it, if you dont like it, you havent really lost anything.

Merancapeman
April 4th, 2005, 06:24 AM
By jaw, you mean dropping, right? Amazing. I watched every one. If I was all thumbs, they'd be up. Seeing as I don't have any opposable thumbs, just take my word for it.

Monty Mike
April 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
When I watched Farscape, I thought it was pretty good. However there are so many sci-fi shows out there it's hard to compare it.

The best thing to do would be to watch a few Episodes on tv, and if you enjoy it, think about buying some of the DVDs.

Ramz
April 4th, 2005, 06:33 PM
By jaw, you mean dropping, right? Amazing. I watched every one. If I was all thumbs, they'd be up. Seeing as I don't have any opposable thumbs, just take my word for it.
by jaw I mean Jawsome, which means awesome... from the street sharks.

Rob B
April 4th, 2005, 06:52 PM
This is not just one of my favorite Science Fiction shows, but one of my favorite TV shows of all time. Amazing characterization, great consistent storytelling, and a good sense of humor. Throw in aliens created in Henson's Muppet Creature shop and you've got a can't miss formula.

I watched every week when it was on the SciFi Channel here in the US and I've now got the 1st season on DVD. I'm halfway through watching the first season and I am almost blown away by how well the writers were consistent through each season in terms of the characters and plot elements.

FarScape has one thing a lot of other Science Fiction TV shows don't - a great sense of humor.

milamber_reborn
April 4th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Great show.

Simon F
January 28th, 2009, 07:18 AM
Just bought the complete series on DVD - best 100 i have ever spent - just started at the begining and it it even better than i remembered + i watched on BBC2 first time round and most episodes were cut - best SCI FI show ever in my opinion...