PDA

View Full Version : Hide and seek. Appendix

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

seeberger
March 28th, 2005, 02:33 PM
This is for me and anyone who wants to write in the Hide and seek. collaborative story. I'll list the various characters, cities, gods, villains, and foils that are in the thread so far. If you want anything changed, or you want to add something, just reply to this post, and I'll edit it into the appendix.

Plot:
Kemmen Suville, the nephew of the Duke Edrin Longsmith, disappeared while playing near the treeline of the Alzedoth Forest. His older brother, Janin Suville, maintains several holdings of land, which are contested by Lord Norvale, a servant of the Duke of Nongminster. It is said the Lord Novale seeks to "acquire" those lands. With the disappearance of Kemmen, the Duke Eldrin Longsmith has sought to appease the King, who is troubled by these turn of events, and sent three trackers to find the boy within the mysterious forest of Alzedoth.

Mar 28 2005: The trackers, upon their initial travels through the forest, have discovered to their chagrin, that the forest seems to be afflicted with a sickness and evil.

Setting:
Most of the story so far takes place in the borderwoods of the Alzedoth Forest. Bordering the Alzedoth Forest near where the story begins is the Kingdom of Nabadon, which is divided into duchies: the duchy of Longsmith near Lotherun Mountain, and the duchy of Nongminster in the southern plains, both bordering the Alzedoth Forest.

Major Characters:
Kemmen Suville - kidnapped nephew of the Duke Eldrin Longsmith
Pendrill Ket - a master ranger, in employ of Eldrin Longsmith
Norma Cone - a creature hunter, in employ of Eldrin Longsmith
Mala Ongi - a sorceress, in employ of Eldrin Longsmith
Dryden - once the spirit of Alzedoth Forest, now a violent and dark creature of magic
Zgir - a winged servant of Bluebear
Ngath - a winged servant of Bluebear
Bluebear - a strange man-bear who guards the borders of the Alzedoth Forest, near the duchy of Longsmith
Annise of Emoranth - a priestess of Emoranth, of the village of Wentith
Totem - an immortal traveler who is quite wise and knowledgable
The Nandrithi - a subterranean species who concern themselves with the care of evil spirits
The Pendrithi - servants of the Nandrithi
The Reaper - also known as the Scythe of the World. A faery tale told to children, to frighten them of the end of the world.

Character Foils (Minor Characters):
Janin Suville - Landholder in the northern duchy of Longsmith
Duke Eldrin Longsmith - Duke of Longsmith, uncle to both Kemmen and Janin
Lord Norvale - Landholder and servant of the Duke of Nongminster
Junis Skant - a scout for the village of Wentith
Venya Skant - a runner for the village of Wentith

Locales:
Alzedoth Forest - a continental forest, bordering the Kingdom of Nabadon. Recently, it has been afflicted with a plague of evil, as the local guardian spirit of the forest was killed by a mysterious creature.

Lotherun Mountain - inhabited by the people of Longsmith, who for the most part are miners and masons.

Cities:
Wentith - a small village within the Alzedoth Forest
Guylen - a medium sized village within the Alzedoth Forest - now destroyed
Tyrgrane - a large city on the outskirts of the Alzedoth Forest

Gods/Goddesses:
Emoranth - a goddess of the moon

Miscellaneous, or stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else:
Werewillows - humans twisted cruelly by dark magic into horrific trees

If you have a suggestion for something else that I've missed, please reply to this post and let me know!

Also, kongming, let me know if I've missed anything or if you want something changed.

kongming
March 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Damn, that's good! that'll keep my head on track too.

Also I wanted to say: everyone is invited to write add to this story! I need the impetus from other creative minds so that I can find my well of sagacity.

And yes I WAS being pretentious when I used that word :P

Again amazing job Seeberger you've been paying attention to me more than I have! :D

seeberger
March 29th, 2005, 03:51 PM
I made the appropriate changes.

I named Zgir and Ngath "winged," as there isn't a proper name yet.

kongming
March 31st, 2005, 05:43 AM
It's like 5000 words now... going good... Seeberger can you add that a race called the Pendrithi are servants of the Nandrithi?

Also Werewillows are just that: Wherewolves, except that they are Human/willow tree. You can add that they aren't exceptionally prone to fire because they tend to be fleshy and their tree parts tend to be moist.

seeberger
April 4th, 2005, 02:11 PM
I apologize for not getting to it sooner - I was out this weekend, pretty busy. I'm back now though. I'll post tomorrow morning at the latest.

seeberger
April 5th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Ok, I added werewillows and the pendrithi.

Cool idea for werewillows, by the way.

Also, do you think we could change the name of the thread from Hide and seek. to something else? I was thinking we've really gone out and constructed an entirely different world here, very epic. I'm not sure the direction this is taking, but it looks to be very exciting.

kongming
April 15th, 2005, 02:35 AM
There have been no posts on Hide and seek. Is there any interest in anyone else posting? I've been itching to post again, but if I ended up being the only poster then the story might as well move to the other section. If no one else wants to join the story I don't mind finishing it myself and posting links on the story, but is anyone reading it at least? I can't tell if the "views" are just from my own editing or not. So I guess my question is if I continued it myself would anyone actually want to read it? I hold the view that all stories that I write should be read.

Any comments?

Also I think it might be a cool idea if someone had interest in the story but didn't want to write that they could offer suggestions on this thread and I or someone else would possibly take up that idea and write it into the story.

seeberger
April 15th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Indeed - both here and in Mithanians. I thought there might be more interest in this kind of storytelling, from the active environment in the individuals stories that people write on sffworld, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of activity in this forum right now.

No one ever finishes up stories on their own kongming - from my experience, at least. How serious are you to finishing through with the story, and how often do you think you can post a reply? I'm happy to continue with you, I just thought it wasn't that important, so I haven't posted a reply in awhile.

kongming
April 15th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I can post a reply basically 6 times in a 2 week period.

Those are the nights that I work :o

I may post outside of work, but it is less likely.

But I also like the posting of ideas urm... idea. So please if anyone has any suggestions but doesn't have the time to devote to actually writing them in the story then post them here and we'll see what we can do.

kongming
April 15th, 2005, 03:57 PM
oh ya, and I thought the Mithanians was GREAT idea.