View Full Version : games you wish would be ressurected

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Cwass
March 29th, 2005, 09:26 PM
all those old school games you loved, dont you jsut wish tye could be upgraded to fit into the systems of todays world? games like Final Fantasy II(SNES) or Zelda (NES) Sonic (Sega)
i mean like the same story and outline of the worlds jsut more detailed and a little more updated

NoneShallPass
March 29th, 2005, 10:18 PM
I wish that Hideo Kojima would remake Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the first two that came out for that one computor, and then were released for NES. If they were remade, the story updated a bit, modified a bit, the would be fantastic. And it would make the first Metal Gear Solid make more sense. Plus It would tie Metal Gear Solid 1 and 2 to 3 more.

Shehzad
March 30th, 2005, 01:25 AM
X-Com: UFO Defense.

Up there with the HOMM series in terms of sheer play-till-3-am-ability.

kater
March 30th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Streets of Rage seriously needs a next-gen update, fighting games are a lost art :(

kahnovitch
March 30th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Streets of Rage seriously needs a next-gen update, fighting games are a lost art :(

True not many on the PC. You can get some good EMU's for those old consoles though.

I liked the old classic RPG games like Dungeon Master that were the equivalent of today's FPS games only with swords and magic instead of guns.

JamesL
March 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
I have two alternative opinions on this. Firstly, I love seeing old games given a revamp and come storming back better than ever, but on the other hand I think far too many companies these days concentrate too much on money-spinning rehashes of older games rather than creating new, original titles.

saintjon
March 30th, 2005, 03:04 PM
A full-blown remake of FF2 (or IV) would be worth it just to hear the amazing music re-recorded. You can keep the newer stuff, that composer was INSPIRED back then. too bad the equipment couldn't compare to today.

Cwass
March 30th, 2005, 03:32 PM
they did try a remake of FFII and they put it on GBA Dawn of Souls. but it was basically the same thing, same graphics and all ... but not FFII from SNES, in fact, it wasnt really that good. some games i would want redone, Full-Throtle and Sam and Max Hit the Road for the PC, DuckHunt!!!! MArio 3 (the one where he had the racoon tail) and the first two Breath of Fire games

kater
March 30th, 2005, 04:17 PM
True not many on the PC. You can get some good EMU's for those old consoles though.

Yeah I got some EMU's for games I always wanted but never got, I still have the early consoles in the attic which I may drag down for some retro fun when I get a holiday. Another game/series I'd like to see redone is the Strike series (Desert/Jungle/Urban) it'd be an awesome game to try and update.

Joe Bloggs
March 30th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I think far too many companies these days concentrate too much on money-spinning rehashes of older games rather than creating new, original titles.

Yep....

but then when it comes to recycling; so does the music industry, the film industry... the TV ...

Well, you get the idea.