PDA

View Full Version : Do you write all the time?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

JRMurdock
March 31st, 2005, 09:21 AM
Do you write all the time, or only on paper?

Where ever I go, what ever I'm doing, who ever I'm with or looking at, I find I'm writing...in my head. I'll write descriptions. I'll describe the actions of the waitress or cashier. I'll think of how some one said something and how it would be emphasized. I describe hand gestures. I describe a room (sounds, smells, colors).

Is it just me? Have I written to the point where everthing I see or do could be written and explained (even though it doesn't)?

Gemini
March 31st, 2005, 09:32 AM
I don't tend to write things in my head, but i will imagine stories if what i'm doing is particularly boring. So say if i'm walking somewhere, i'll start to make up a story with a character walking somewhere and then i'll expand on their world from that starting piont. I'm also extremely curious about how other people are reacting to a situation, so when something happening i'm usualy looking at other people, guessing what they are thinking at that moment. So, back to the point of this thread :D , i don't write it, i just expand apon it, though in a way it's sort of similar to what you described :rolleyes: .

Merancapeman
March 31st, 2005, 10:51 AM
On car drives people find out that I'm really quiet. Know why? I'm always having scenes in my head about my book, sort of like a movie form. It's really cool because sometimes there is music behind it (playing on the radio or something. I'm not THAT crazy) and it really adds to it. Sometimes I write as well. It's how some writers have an epiphany. I had one in the shower only a week ago!

Zanzibar
March 31st, 2005, 11:07 AM
All my ideas start in my head (obviously) but they stay there for several days before I jot anything down. When I've got a new idea in there I think about it night and day until I've got it the way I want it. I then put it to ink (or pixel) and elaborate from there. There's always junk rolling around in my head and I too find myself imagining things about the people I see and interact with. The only problem with this method is that I have a rather sketchy memory that frequently lets me down :).

P.S. Gemini, you don't really have THE hair, do you :eek:?

SubZero61992
March 31st, 2005, 08:27 PM
Well, I dont really write, but more like ' see ' what I plan to write in action.

tooeviltoknow
March 31st, 2005, 08:33 PM
What I do sometimes is pretend that I am one of my character and talk and act like they would, this helps me get a good feel of what they're like... but there was this one time when someone saw me talking to myself.

SubZero61992
March 31st, 2005, 08:35 PM
*cough*Something's wrong with him!*cough*

Gemini
March 31st, 2005, 08:49 PM
It's really cool because sometimes there is music behind it (playing on the radio or something. I'm not THAT crazy) and it really adds to it.
i do find that sometimes, when i'm listening to music when i'm reading or writing, that i'll try and edit the music in my brain and make it fit then scene i'm reading/ writing... so your not alone there :D , it's so good when it fits perfectly (now you think i'm crazy!). Yeah, i sort of imagine it as a movie too, especially when i'm reading, i'll try and think of interesting ways that that particular scene might be shot...

.S. Gemini, you don't really have THE hair, do you ?
:eek: *Gemini shiftily glances around herself* THE hair? i don't know about THE hair, i do have hair, but i'm sure it's not THE hair :D lol, are we sure Zanzibar's not the crazy one? Hmmm, i can't seem to recall anything about hair... ok now i'm worried.

wait a sec... "flock of seagulls haircut"?.... and no it wasn't me *glaces around again*, i didn't steal his lucky, lucky, autographed, glow in the dark snorkel.... *surreptitiously pushes an oddly snorkel shaped bag under the couch* i'm not a big, fat, hermaphradite with only one nostril and....THE hair :D lol.

Expendable
March 31st, 2005, 08:54 PM
Not all the time but sometimes I can't sleep because I've just thought up a character and things go on from there. I don't go anywhere without something to write with. I used to have a tape recorder but if you're anywhere public and someone can hear you.... oy. =>.<;=

MrBF1V3
April 1st, 2005, 12:17 AM
Well, kind of. When I am working on a story I will ponder and consider and map out and figure out where it goes and who does what and why, etc. etc.. (Now if I could just do that with my day at work :) ) There have been times when I lost some really good ideas because you just can't write things down in heavy traffic going fast. Tried it once,...

On the other hand, some of my best ideas have come up when I wasn't thinking about anything in particular. Go figure.

B5