View Full Version : Splinter Cell Movie

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

SubZero61992
April 11th, 2005, 04:59 AM
On the new game Chaos Theory there is a trailor for the upcoming SPlinterCell movie.
What do you think of this? Not much was shown except for breaking glass.
My friend did make a good character note, Sam looks like George Clooney on the instruction booklet.
I just hope they dont screw it up with Kung Fu or anything.

milamber_reborn
April 11th, 2005, 08:45 PM
About time. George Clooney would fit but I don't think he's the right actor to fit Sam's personality.

But watching Robert Patrick in the opener of Stargate Atlantis wearing night goggles . . . dead ringer for Sam if they darkened his hair a little.

kater
April 12th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Nah they are both too soft - Michael Biehn would be a top call. I gotta say though that a Splinter Cell film doesn't really appeal to me, most game-film movies are terrible.

kahnovitch
April 13th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Nah they are both too soft - Michael Biehn would be a top call. I gotta say though that a Splinter Cell film doesn't really appeal to me, most game-film movies are terrible.

Too true.
Plus they'd probably get Paul Anderson to do it. :eek: :rolleyes:

kater
April 15th, 2005, 07:54 AM
*shudders* Why do they let that guy make movies? RE had the best material imo to be converted into a movie and whilst the first one was okish the second was dreadful.

kahnovitch
April 15th, 2005, 05:11 PM
He didn't actually direct Res Evil 2, he only produced it.

He was busy making a pig's ear of AVP instead. :mad:

Kanin
July 31st, 2005, 07:19 PM
My sources said that Thomas Jane (Deep Blue Sea, The Punisher) was being considered for the role.

I think he would be a great fit.

SubZero61992
July 31st, 2005, 09:16 PM
Disagreed...Thomas may have the talent to play the role but most gamers know how Sam Fisher looks...I support George Clooney above all.

Kanin
July 31st, 2005, 09:47 PM
Disagreed...Thomas may have the talent to play the role but most gamers know how Sam Fisher looks...I support George Clooney above all.

Well, you can forget about that notion. George's agent won't even let him look at the script-treatment.

Kanin
August 12th, 2005, 06:40 PM
Here's an update:

DreamWorks is close to acquiring the film rights toTom Clancy's videogame "Splinter Cell," with Daniel Pyne ("The Manchurian Candidate") attached to write the script.

Hopefully, this will get some movement on the project. Previously, Peter Berg (Friday Night Lights, Rundown) was attached to write and direct.