PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: Episode III

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Merancapeman
April 11th, 2005, 07:55 AM
I can't say much about the movie, but the game looks excellent! We all know there are millions of Star Wars games that come out every year, but this looks like another one of those "KOTOR"s or "Battlefront"s. What is your opinion?

kater
April 11th, 2005, 12:45 PM
The thing about SW games and Lucasarts games in particular is that, perhaps in a symptomatic way similar to the films, they always look good but there's just nothing below the surface. I remember seeing the one-on-one SW game a few years back, it looked top and playing as Darth Vader fighting Cheewie or Han etc was highly appealing, but the game was woeful. There have obviously been exceptions to the rule and even some decent movie conversions but on the whole, the proof is in the playing.

saintjon
April 12th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I just want to pipe in and say that the Rogue Squadron series has been consistently glorious lol.

Shehzad
April 18th, 2005, 12:44 AM
One word: KOTOR

Merancapeman
April 18th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Actually, it's five, lol. I still get it though, because KOTOR was one of my most favorite Star Wars games next to "Battlefront". Heck, I'm going to write a review on it!

Monty Mike
April 18th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Did any of you play the Star Wars game on the old hand-held SEGA?

Apart from that and a couple others, I haven't really played any of them....

kahnovitch
April 19th, 2005, 05:48 AM
One word: KOTOR

I'll second that. Best RPG I've played in ages.

Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast were good too, though Academy wins through thanks to the instant saber action and some cool player mods, like playing as Darth Vader or Yoda from the start.

There's something very satisfying about slaying dozens of Sith wannabes whilst playing AS Darth Vader.

DanielFullard
June 9th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Bit short, bit easy, bit repetitive but fun to play isnt it? Feels like Star Wars