PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Star Wars?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2 3

Evil Agent
April 12th, 2005, 01:50 AM
I just recently re-watched all 5 movies (in a strange order), and found all kinds of good moments in each one. Lots of stuff I forgot, and some great eye-candy.

Which is your favorite film, and why? My choice is Empire Strikes Back, no contest. It's the darkest, and coolest by far! Yoda on Dagobah, and Vader vs. Luke...so good. Not to mention Hoth.

Any favorite dialogue?

Monty Mike
April 12th, 2005, 10:40 AM
It's been a while since I watched them, but I'd have to say Return of the Jedi. I love the scene at the end....

*SPOILERS*

Where you see Yoda and the rest of the gang round the fire in spirit form.

I'd have to watch them through again in order to include bits about my favourite dialogue.....

saintjon
April 12th, 2005, 11:18 AM
ESB hands down.

Bond
April 12th, 2005, 12:44 PM
All three of the original trilogy had something to recommend them. The ending Death Star assault in the first movie I think was the highest point in the series. The ESB had Yoda and Darth Vader. The ROTJ had the Ewoks, Jabba the Hutt, and the Emperor. I'll pick The Return of the Jedi though because many of the ESB fans strike me as annoyingly sophomoric :p Anyway Princess Leia's outfit at Jabba's was easy on the eyes.

SubZero61992
April 13th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I chose the Empire Strikes Back simply because it had the best action and interesting scenes.
I really liked the ending with Luke and Vader but the snow fight scene has been my favorite since I was 4.

milamber_reborn
April 14th, 2005, 07:57 PM
The only one I remember clearly from when I was young is Return of the Jedi, so it gets my vote.

H.F.
April 15th, 2005, 02:47 PM
When I was a kid, I loved Return of the Jedi. Still a big Hutt fan (no pun intended there), but I keep hoping the Gorax will come gobble up Ewoks. As an adult, I've come to prefer Empire Strikes Back. I never particularly liked it back then but its by far my fave now.

ESB has Yoda, the romance, Vader, and Lando.
Lando annoyed me when I was a little (seemed like a Solo clone) but now I think he brings something special to the trilogy. We know Solo is a rogue, but aside from pretending to ditch the Battle of Yavin, we don't see much of his dastardly side. Lando skirts the line more, and I like that. But of course, they reform him by RotJ.

Best line I think is the one Lucas tried to cut.
Princess Leia: "I love you."
Han Solo: "I know"

Evil Agent
April 15th, 2005, 08:26 PM
It was actually supposed to be:

Leia: I love you!
Han: I love you!

Talk about BRUTAL! The "I love you/I know" was a bit of improv on the part of Ford, and I think we can all thank him for that one! :)

BeardofPants
April 15th, 2005, 11:42 PM
*follows the herd
ESB by a long shot!

JRMurdock
April 15th, 2005, 11:47 PM
Most of Harrison Ford's great lines in Staw Wars were ad libs. The behind the scenes on the DVDs were great. :)

A New Hope will always hold a special place in my heart. It introduced me to Fantasy and Sci-Fi. It's still a classic tale in a sci-fi setting. It set the ground work in motion for all the other movies. It had enough dark and light and the contrast between scenes was incredible.

Empire was good, I wasn't big on Ewoks, and the new movies have too much CGI (can they really have too much?) In A New Hope, it was the right amount of real items and blue screen. Models and animation. For me, it was a joy to watch (and I've seen it over 100 times).

A strange side note: I've seen Empire nearly 100 times as well, but when I had first seen it in the theater, I was -- interrupted -- and since that day, I've NEVER seen the movie begining to end without something bothering me. The phone will ring, someone will stop by, what ever. But I've not seen it begining to end without something happening. *sigh* Someday. Someday!