View Full Version : New Games Club?

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

Pages : [1] 2

kater
April 16th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Ok so Games Club hasn't really worked in its original format so we were thinking of altering it - how about each week/two weeks we decide on a game to discuss, it can be any game - even games that haven't even made yet. So we can talk about what you'd like to see from the next in the series, what you disliked, ideas you have etc. Would that work better? If not what would you guys like to see from a section called Games Club?

saintjon
April 16th, 2005, 10:21 PM
well to be honest I never checked the other one the way it was just because I only own a GameCube and PC games and I figured you guys would be shooting for lots of X-box/PS2 stuff.

if I had a better connection I'd say use the games club for setting up some online teams or something, that idea's been thrown around before but I always end up caught up doing something else.

Monty Mike
April 17th, 2005, 05:14 AM
I don't often check the games club, but if I knew that each week there would be a discussion on a different game, I would deffinately come along :D

Also, Kater, if you could do some interesting discussion polls in there, I'm sure it would make the place more active/interesting/fun. A topic that most people have strong views on, for example, what games are going to dominate in the future of gaming? (RPGs, Sports, Puzzle, etc.)

However, saying that, it also has to 'feel' different from the general game forum, and not just be a shadow of it. You've got quite a job on your hands, kater :D

I'll check this thread regularly if you want some ideas. What I mean, is I'll give as much help as possible to turn it around ;)

Monty Mike
April 17th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Could some sort of Game-related Role Play be made? People could give original story ideas involving well known characters, and Kater could choose out the best one? Regulars there could take turn at leading the story, etc. I know I'd like that, and it would bring more people in.

Every few months a new one could start, and before hand there would be a poll deciding what game character it would be about. Then we would need a few people to create a small story and fork events, etc.

It might sound like a long shot, but it could work. I know I would be more than willing to be one of those people, and I imagine kater would? Pretty sure Merancapeman would also be interested.

I'd love it :D

Zanzibar
April 18th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I participate in the Games Club as it stands now but I agree that most people seem to ignore it (it has only five threads :eek: ). The GTA: SA thing's cool because there's so much to talk about with that game (though only Kater and I seem to open our mouths!). The idea of regularly and frequently introducing a new game to gripe about is a great idea. I think the Games Club should be a place for heated debate and lots of emotive shouting! I only have a PS2 (which isn't working) and a PC (which sucks) but I'd argue anything, really, even if I know nothing about it, just for the sake of arguing.

As for the role-playing thing, I'd probably chip in. I looked around at similar stuff in the Fun Zone but that place is weird and I get lost rather quickly :) .

Oh, and more contests! I would like to win something.

One more thing, move the Games Quiz in there so it's a permanent fixture. It's a great idea and most people are ignoring it.

kater
April 21st, 2005, 06:16 PM
I guess you can see what I mean now about there not being much interaction, 54 views but only 4 votes and one vote for 'I don't care' so go figure. With little interest we'll just change the format to a dicussion every week or two and whoever turns up, turns up. Sj - clans is a great idea, I'll see what I can russle up in terms of games and numbers and we can give it a bash in the next few weeks. Z - with no one going to the Games Club I'm going to leave the quiz here, it'd get even less play in the club I think.
So what would everyone like to talk about in the first new discussion thread? It doesn't have to be a game as such, it can be violence in games, something about the gaming industry,etc

Zanzibar
April 21st, 2005, 06:28 PM
So what would everyone like to talk about in the first new discussion thread? It doesn't have to be a game as such, it can be violence in games, something about the gaming industry,etc

Crikey, I don't know. That's your job ;) . Personally, I think the next generation of consoles is arriving too early but that doesn't sound like an interesting enough topic.

Z - with no one going to the Games Club I'm going to leave the quiz here, it'd get even less play in the club I think.

But nobody's playing :( !

kater
April 21st, 2005, 06:46 PM
Personally, I think the next generation of consoles is arriving too early but that doesn't sound like an interesting enough topic.

Sounds interesting, I don't object to it and I remember sj having thoughts on the subject. If it doesn't work we can always ditch it and blame you ;)
Oh and I can't make people play the Games Quiz, much as I'd like to :D

Zanzibar
April 21st, 2005, 06:50 PM
Sure, help contribute to my crippling emotional pain :p .

PS PLAY THE GAME QUIZ!

Zanzibar
April 26th, 2005, 11:12 AM
Hey, when's this gonna get up and running, kate?