View Full Version : Senior Project

SFFWorld.com
Home - Discussion Forums - News - Reviews - Interviews

New reviews, interviews and news

New in the Discussion Forum

SaintHeaven
September 11th, 2001, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone.
I am probably one of the youngest and newest members of this forum. All my life I have loved reading Fantasy fiction. Ironically, I recently have been given the option of writing a small book about a fantasy world for my senior project. In my project I have to show a learning stretch from what I know to what I am attempting to accomplish. My stretch, consequenly, is writing a small fantasy book. I was wondering if there might be anyone interested in "coaching" me in this task (since the project calls for a mentor)...

Thanks

Steven Savile
September 12th, 2001, 01:26 PM
I'd be willing to help out. If you teacher needs certain credentials to pass muster, I'll email you my publishing credits, 6 books, including Star Wars and Jurassic Park II adpatations, edited a collection of Fritz Leiber's horror stories and recently sold the rights to my first massmarket fantasy novel. I don't know how much time I can dedicate to the task, but if it is simply a case of reading your work, exchanging emails to help you develop your ideas, going over things such as mythic structure (have you read Joseph Campbell's Man With A Thousand Faces, or Christopher Vogels title on mythic structure? Steve Savile

SaintHeaven
September 12th, 2001, 06:02 PM
That is exactly what I would need. Just someone with experience who can point me in the right direction. I have not read either of two books you have mentioned. My email is heavenlyknight98@hotmail.com If you will, email me your "resume" (It can only benefit the cause). I will respond to your email with the details of the project. Thanks!

SaintHeaven
September 12th, 2001, 06:09 PM
That would be great. I posted a long reply to what you wrote, but it didn't show up..grr! Oh well, please send me an email at
heavenlyknight98@hotmail.com
In your email, it won't hurt to put your "resume"..

Thanks for your help!

Steven Savile
September 14th, 2001, 04:13 AM
Dropped you an email, hope you got it okay - lets get to work http://www.sffworld.com/ubb/smile.gif